Defensive Carry banner

tried Ballistol,my opinion

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BamaT 
#1 ·
i bought a few new cleaning and oil products the other day and thought i'd share my opinion on them..first i wanted to try Ballistol,so i bought some from Midway and tried it out..sprayed a small amount on the barrel of my LCP and let it sit for 10-15 minutes then wiped off,did the same to the slide.it cleans good and left a nice slick teflon like coating on the barrel and slide..i liked this stuff and will use it again.it does not have a strong chemical order either..i'd probably say it's a better lubricant then a cleaner though,i still like Hoppes Elite for cleaning.after the gun was thoroughly cleaned i wiped it down with M-Pro 7clp..i wanted to try this stuff too.it's thin but very slippery and has almost no odor.i put one drop on each rail and a thin film on the inside/outside of the barrel.seems like good stuff, will do a follow up on my next trip to the range see how it holds up.

#3 ·
I like Ballistol also, preferring it to Breakfree CLP. I usually use Hoppes #9, and recently started using MPro7 for initial bore cleaning, and finish with a Ballistol patch. I wipe down my guns with it, lightly, before going back into the safe.

I have read some things lately that you shouldn't use Ballistol on nickel plated guns, or guns with any type of gold inlay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.