Ruger LC9 Magazine Disconnect Removal - Page 4

Ruger LC9 Magazine Disconnect Removal

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 Magazine Disconnect Removal within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Originally Posted by azchevy Because if I am attacked and I draw and fire and the mag somehow was disengaged it would be nice to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ruger LC9 Magazine Disconnect Removal

Get rid of the mag disconnect

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Because if I am attacked and I draw and fire and the mag somehow was disengaged it would be nice to get at least one round off before an oh no click happened
    Or if you have to do a tactical reload, its nice to know you have at least that one round you can get off if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofGuns View Post
    I just aquired an LC9 and after having an LCP for sometime, I definitely want to remove all of this safety BS. Does anyone have any further instruction on how to remove the manual safety as well as the LCI??

Thanks
    YouTube videos all over on how to do it. I do not recommend it . But your weapon freedom is a great thing

I wanted to add my experience yesterday with my LC380. I cleaned and lubed it before taking it to the range for the first time. When I put it back together the trigger would not budge - even with the mag in place. After 'jiggling' what I believed to be part of the mag disconnect inside the grip, I was able to pull the trigger.

I had no failures of any kind for the 50 rounds I fired. But the thought of being in a gunfight and having the trigger lock up scares the CRAP out of me.

Besides that, I despise the whole idea of magazine disconnects. This one is coming out.

I've completely disassembled / reassembled a Walther G22. How hard can this be? ;)

Good thread!

I have recently been looking at the Kahr 9mm and noticed a comment earlier in this thread about their religeous affiliations. Could someone tell me what this is about?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    YouTube videos all over on how to do it. I do not recommend it . But your weapon freedom is a great thing
    Yeah, vids and instructions have been around for a couple of years now. be careful though. Some are bogus. I did mine in about 15 minutes with the right direction (read: internet video). Now of course I spent several hours running through vids and making sure I knew, or at least thought I knew what I was doing first.......................................
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

I can understand that, your in a gunfight, your hit but not out of the fight yet. Your magazine comes out, you want to get at least one more shot off... I get It !

The best thing about YouTube, you don't have to read the manual to learn how.....I have a few Samsung Appliances, you should try their manuals and instructions. Guess Korean to Engrish is difficult for them. They put stuff in it like "The Ice Maker Off Button Is On" Is the ICE MAKER now ON or OFF? (Yep i have to go to YouTube for the video even for that)

Quote Originally Posted by JBachman View Post
    If you get into a H2H situation, and a hostile happens to grab your weapon, you can drop the mag and make the pistol virtually useless. A completely stupid idea.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    "Another predictable occurrence is the struggle for the gun. As noted in my study of Illinois Troopers with Smith & Wesson Model 39 pistols, that one department alone had several “saves,” when the trooper deliberately “killed the gun” by pressing the mag release during the struggle... Because their departments have had saves in this circumcircumstance, I can point out police agencies from California to New Hampshire that insist on this feature in their service pistols. Departments so equipped and trained usually also mandate that their personnel carry at least one spare magazine on plainclothes duty and two when on uniformed patrol, in part so that, in such a situation, they can slap a fresh magazine into the duty pistol and “bring it back to life.”" - Massad Ayoob, Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links