Ruger LC9 Magazine Disconnect Removal
Note: You do this at your own risk. I am just putting it up here because it is in one obscure place on the net originally posted by a user named: chrism555 on ak47.net.... in this thread: Ruger LC9 Mag Safety - AK47.NET
I just cleaned it up and added the parts breakdown and thread title for easy reference.....
1. Remove #54(Hammer spring seat). This should pop out with a small screw driver.
2. Use a small pair of needle nose and lift out #53(Hammer anchor pin). This under tension so be careful. This will release tension on #8(Hammer spring).
3. Now take a punch and remove #45 (Frame insert pin). There's 2 of these
4. Before lifting the rail assembly observe how the hammer interacts with the hammer catch. Cycle the trigger and control the hammer to get an idea how they fit together. Hold the hammer back and pull the trigger and you'll get an idea of how they work. This will help when you put things back together.
5. Lift the rail assembly out of the grip frame. The trigger will lift out attached to rail assembly.
6. Set the rail aside and you will see the #11(magazine disconnect and spring). Remove these and your done.
7. Place the rail assembly back in the frame. Before seating it at the rear, insert a small screw driver under the rail to push #50(hammer catch) forward so it engages the hammer pivot. This is a little tricky so go slow. Once you get it pushed forward you may have to reach in from the top of the mag well to hold it so you can pull the screwdriver out from under the rail to seat the rail assembly. Watch the springs on both sides of the rail. They can pop out easily and require a third set of hands to get them back in. Pay attention to the #24(take down plate), its a little tricky to get lined up during reassembly.
Go slow and just observe how it all works prior to disassembly.
8. Reinstall the rest of the parts in the opposite order of dis assembly