Ruger LC9: Disabling the loaded chamber indicator

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9: Disabling the loaded chamber indicator within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; This is easier than pie. Simply order the following two parts: Loaded Chamber Indicator: CP11000-LC9-LCI-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. Roll Pin: CP06350-LC9-LCI-Pin-Sturm, Ruger & Co., ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ruger LC9: Disabling the loaded chamber indicator

This is easier than pie.

Simply order the following two parts:

Loaded Chamber Indicator:

CP11000-LC9-LCI-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Roll Pin:

CP06350-LC9-LCI-Pin-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Take the new indicator and grind off the tab in the front ( The L side) up to the red. This is what contacts the cartridge and raises the indicator.

Cost about 10 bucks with shipping.

You can use your original but it would be nice to have to reinstall if you had to sell it or send it back to work, also if you have a roll pin punch you can reuse the pin.

Smooth it off, paint to suit (black krylon would be fine)

Punch the old pin out remove the old indicator, then install the new one in it's place.

That's it. Simple and easy.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Is it really that big of a deal? (Just asking because I don't understand why you'd go through the trouble.)

No trouble, I tinker with firearms all the time. No weapon I have ever purchased doesn't get a complete strip and cleaning, inspection and my understanding of it's operation and parts before I fire it. Oh and it's the principle of the matter smokey!!! I don't need the government or a firearm manufacturer to hold my hand and tell me what is loaded and what is not loaded, I can do it myself.
    357and40, dudester and pattywak like this.

the loaded chamber indicator would not bother me,it's the thumb safety i find unnecessary on the LC9..

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    the loaded chamber indicator would not bother me,it's the thumb safety i find unnecessary on the LC9..
    Then what you do it you click it off and leave it there and if you are worried about it put a small dab of crazy glue on the lever where it meets the receiver. problem solved I do this with the locks as well, small dab of crazy glue or loctite on a toothpick.... into lock in unlocked position. Ensure doesnt get on other components. Problem over.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Right. I don't think there's an issue carrying the LC9 with the thumb safety off, assuming you use a decent holster.

Ahh, gotcha... thought maybe it was causing issues or something but it's a personal preference thing.

OK I found an easier way, just REMOVE it. It does not affect the weapon whatsoever and it still shows a loaded chamber by visual without the STUPID red popup. Simply punch the pin out, remove the indicator and either leave the pin out or do what I did and replace the pin. Done. Looks MUCH nicer!

IMG_1851.jpgIMG_1854.jpgIMG_1852.jpgIMG_1856.jpgIMG_1855.jpgIMG_1857.jpg

Looks like it's missing a piece :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Then what you do it you click it off and leave it there and if you are worried about it put a small dab of crazy glue on the lever where it meets the receiver. problem solved I do this with the locks as well, small dab of crazy glue or loctite on a toothpick.... into lock in unlocked position. Ensure doesnt get on other components. Problem over.
    I like that idea right there... I have a Taurus 650 that I was thinking about taking the locking device outa it, but the glue Idea makes more sense to me...Thanks for the Idea.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Use blue loctite, just put a SMALL dab on the tip of a toothpick and put it on the lock and make sure it gets on nothing else. That is the best way to do it. That way it will still function but not work itself locked due to vibrations.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Use blue loctite, just put a SMALL dab on the tip of a toothpick and put it on the lock and make sure it gets on nothing else. That is the best way to do it. That way it will still function but not work itself locked due to vibrations.
    Great, thanks for the tip. There's an auto parts store on the way home that's got my name on it...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Ok do not do this. Small oversight on the fact this holds in a firing pin retainer. Ruger no go boom. DOH me = dummy

I think I remember seeing a previous post of yours where you mentioned u removed the mag disconnect safety.Was that you and if it was, did it make the trigger better?

Yes the mag disconnect removal works great at takes binding off the trigger. It does feel better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links