froglube - Page 3

froglube

This is a discussion on froglube within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I run FrogLube in all my weapons, and I ran it in my AR at the Magpul Class in Tucson for 1,600 rounds with great ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: froglube

I run FrogLube in all my weapons, and I ran it in my AR at the Magpul Class in Tucson for 1,600 rounds with great results. It also works great in my Glocks.

Why did you all stop using it?
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

If i'm in saltwater for three days,my gun rusting is the least of my worries!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
    very very carefully!
    seriously you should ck it out froglube.com

I did a salt water test with Breakfree clp, tw25b,m-pro7 and froglube showed no rust in the three day test the others did.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
    Like me I used it for awhile and was sold on it now I'm starting to have a few problems so it's off my guns at least until some iron clad proof is available. Just like heating your gun up makes no difference what so ever other than if your not careful you can damage the metal. I guess I just jumped on the internet hype way to fast. My stainless steel P220 started having problems and my beloved Sprinfield TRP 1911 started to show ware in places it never did before.

I don't know about all of you but I'm going to go with what I think are proven products at this point.

I'm actually sorry if I convinced anyone to use it, I hope you have better luck then I did.
    So you had a few malfunctions at the range with your P220 and your 1911 is showing wear?

1. What type of malfunctions did you have?

2. How many rounds do you have through the 1911?

Like I said before, I've ran 1,600 rounds through my AR with FrogLube with ZERO issues, and I just ran 500 rounds through my Glock 19 three days ago with FrogLube with ZERO issues.

Also, the guy that recommend to this stuff to me has ran 6,500 rounds through his AR with FrogLube without cleaning anything other than the bolt, and it runs like a champ.

Check this thread at M4Carbine.net - http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=85728&page=2

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    If i'm in saltwater for three days,my gun rusting is the least of my worries!!!
    If you live near the ocean rust due to saltwater is a real concern as the wind covers everything nearby in salt.

Well, I need to update my earlier postion based on recent events.

In the last two weeks I've fired over 1,000 rounds through my newest Glock 19 Gen 3. I had two FTEs, and both occurred while I was using FrogLube. One FTE was with Aguila 124 gr. FMJ, and the other was with Ruag 124 gr. FMJ. In both cases the casing was stuck backwards in the slide about halfway out.

So, I switched back to SLiP 2000 EWL and EWG, and I fired 325 flawless rounds at the range today. 200 rounds were Aguila 124 gr. FMJ, 100 rounds were Winchester Ranger 124 gr. NATO FMJ, and the other 25 were my carry ammo which is COR-BON DPX 115 gr. +P.

I will update this thread when I reach 2,000 rounds, and I will continue using SLiP 2000 EWL/EWG in my Glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    So you had a few malfunctions at the range with your P220 and your 1911 is showing wear?

1. What type of malfunctions did you have?

2. How many rounds do you have through the 1911?

Like I said before, I've ran 1,600 rounds through my AR with FrogLube with ZERO issues, and I just ran 500 rounds through my Glock 19 three days ago with FrogLube with ZERO issues.

Also, the guy that recommend to this stuff to me has ran 6,500 rounds through his AR with FrogLube without cleaning anything other than the bolt, and it runs like a champ.

Check this thread at M4Carbine.net - Froglube - Page 2 - M4Carbine.net Forums
    Sorry about not replying sooner. I had several thousand flawless rds thru my TRP 1911 and it continued to work flawlessly on the froglube, Just started to see more wear on the frame rails as well as on the slide. There was no wear on the rear of the frame rail until froglube and has been no further wear sense it has been removed.
    Froglube seems to work great on glocks/poly guns but in my opinion steel on steel is not good.
    As far as Malfucntions on a Sig P220 I also had a lot of rds I think going from memory 2 or 3 thousand rds.
    I applied froglube according to instructions and started to get FTE, FTF right away. Usually during the first few mags fired and than it would be fine. When I took froglube off I am now up to about 3500 flawless rds. So there is no question that froglube was the problem. And no I did not do anything wrong when I applied it I'm not new to guns.

I also recently talked to a guy at the range and he had tried it on a Kimber 1911 and he said it had wore the rails like crazy so he got it off and tossed it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links