froglube

froglube

This is a discussion on froglube within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Anyone use froglube ? How is it?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: froglube

froglube

Anyone use froglube ?

How is it?

Hadn't heard of it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

This is completely new to me. How in the world do you lube a frog?
    msgt/ret and thephanatik like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Hadn't heard of it.

Ck it out at froglube.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    This is completely new to me. How in the world do you lube a frog?
    very very carefully!
    seriously you should ck it out froglube.com

I did a salt water test with Breakfree clp, tw25b,m-pro7 and froglube showed no rust in the three day test the others did.

My frog came slipery already....

Ok everyone is a comedian now is there anyone with a serious reply?

It looks interesting. I might give it a try sometime.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Once but don't tell anyone....

J/K, I'll check ou the site. Did you take any pics? While your testing, thr some SLiP2000 EWL and see how it does.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    Once but don't tell anyone....

J/K, I'll check ou the site. Did you take any pics? While your testing, thr some SLiP2000 EWL and see how it does.
    No didn't think about it.

Bet it's Water Tight ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I got my 4oz paste and 4oz liquid about a week ago. I haven't used it yet but will post up my findings after I've used it for a while.

"He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
    very very carefully!
    seriously you should ck it out froglube.com

I did a salt water test with Breakfree clp, tw25b,m-pro7 and froglube showed no rust in the three day test the others did.
    m-pro7 is just a solvent, it wouldn't have any corrosion protection. Did you mean M-Pro 7 LPX.

Interestingly a poster on another forum came-up with different results than you did:

I'm using M-Pro 7 LPX for a while to see how I like it. Previously used Castrol Synthetic Gun Lubricant, bought up every bottle when they discontinued it, and am running out now so I need to switch.

I requested samples of some of the top lubricant/protectants out there and ran a test for 3 days last week. Most of my interest was on those that could be wiped off dry or dried after application, because of my desire to get a concealed carry permit. I tested:

FrogLube
    Militec-1
    Weapon Shield
    Otis Special Forces Dry Lubricant
    BreakFree CLP
    Mobil 1 Full Synthetic (because I've heard the argument that most gun oils are just full synthetic motor oil, and I had it laying around)
    M-Pro 7 LPX

I also requested samples of EEZOX and TW-25B but never heard back from those companies.

I applied the products to nickel-plated steel fasteners per manufacturers instructions, including to heated metal and/or repeated applications. I then sprayed with 5% salt solution and left them in the sun and heat of Texas for 3 days, re-spraying with the salt solution once a day for a total of 3 applications. Militec-1 rusted first, before even the Control. Control was second. FrogLube was third, this was all before the end of day 1. By the end of day 2, all had rusted except the Otis SF Dry Lube, BreakFree CLP, and M-Pro 7 LPX. At day 2 1/2, only M-Pro 7 LPX was rust free and remained that way at the end of day 3. At that point I considered the test over. I would never go more than 3 days under the worst conditions without wiping down a concealed carry piece. And anything exposed to saltwater would be cleaned as soon as possible.

I removed the samples from the heat and placed them in my garage. Just thought I'd check them today to see how they were doing and the LPX is still rust-free 7 days later. From what little shooting I've done with it on my gun, it is very slick stuff and spreads well without running when not over-applied. It does seem to attract and hold a fair bit of fouling, which is mitigated when you wipe it off to a film (it still slicks things up very well this way, and is how it was applied on the fastener). I will give the Otis a fair shake too since it completely dries, at the least it may work well on the exterior of a CC gun as a protectant.

If anyone wants to run a similar test, my total out-of-pocket cost was about $20 not including time. This was for a spray bottle for the salt solution, a wooden plank to mount the fasteners on, and the fasteners themselves. All the samples were free except FrogLube, which I paid $5 for because the company refused to send me a free sample and I really wanted to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by IeyasuT View Post
    m-pro7 is just a solvent, it wouldn't have any corrosion protection. Did you mean M-Pro 7 LPX.

Interestingly a poster on another forum came-up with different results than you did:
    I am in the process of doing another test.
    I have Breakfree clp,Froglube, twb25 and M-pro7 lpx all applied twice to clean metal.
    No salt spray or anything just out in the elements/rain,sun/Humidity what ever mother nature sends.

Results so far 8th day breakfree has a lot of rust/18th day froglube has small specks of rust/19th day froglube very rusty.
    The tw25B grease and the M-Pro7 LPX is still clear os rust.

The test was started on 5/3/11 and the Tw25B mil-com and M-Pro7 LPX is still sitting out and clear.
    All were rained on and we had several days with very high Humidity temps ranging from 30Degrees to 2 days over a hundred.
    I am going to leave the last two out there and just see how long it takes.

I'm a little disappointed with froglube and breakfree clp.
    Last edited by eagleeye; June 14th, 2011 at 10:30 AM.

Well my tests are over the M-pro7 LPX is totally rusted went out to ck them this morning.
    And the twb25 showed a tiny amount of rust on the 15th and today is totally rusted.
    I cleaned all metal and all the rust came off without leaving damage.

In conclusion all the products tested would be fine for me because I would not let any gun be wet or exposed for
    any length of time like the test items.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links