Taurus TCP738. Dirtiest NIB gun ever purchased. Anyone Else?

This is a discussion on Taurus TCP738. Dirtiest NIB gun ever purchased. Anyone Else? within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I purchased a Taurus TCP738 last weekend. NIB from cabelas. Well, it was the display model, but new, never shot. I cleaned it last night ...

Thread: Taurus TCP738. Dirtiest NIB gun ever purchased. Anyone Else?

I purchased a Taurus TCP738 last weekend. NIB from cabelas. Well, it was the display model, but new, never shot.

I cleaned it last night before going to shoot it friday for the fist time. It was dirty, by far the dirtiest new gun i have ever purchased. I used a 8x8" hand towel for the initial wipe down, and it was black pretty much wall to wall by the time i was done, the barrel was pretty clean but all the innards, the hammer, and even down into the magwell was really dirty. I would say easily twice as dirty as my full size 40 was.

Anyone else experience this? just curious. it appears to function, cycle ok. guess i'll find out for sure tomorrow.
    Springfield XD40 Service

Yep - my 709 was even worse - cleaned'em up and have loved them every since.
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

Ex Member
    Wonder why? They are not built in a sterile environment but should be clean.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSA View Post
    I purchased a Taurus TCP738 last weekend. NIB from cabelas. Well, it was the display model, but new, never shot.

I cleaned it last night before going to shoot it friday for the fist time. It was dirty, by far the dirtiest new gun i have ever purchased. I used a 8x8" hand towel for the initial wipe down, and it was black pretty much wall to wall by the time i was done, the barrel was pretty clean but all the innards, the hammer, and even down into the magwell was really dirty. I would say easily twice as dirty as my full size 40 was.

Anyone else experience this? just curious. it appears to function, cycle ok. guess i'll find out for sure tomorrow.
    "display model" , could have something to do with it?

Congrats on the new weapon.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I expected it to be dirty on the outside, and dry fired more than i would ever do. but not dirty on the inside. i just thought it was strange.
    Springfield XD40 Service

New Member Array Camdenbullit52's Avatar
    Just picked up a new Rossie 65 blued, took over an hour to get the bown **** off it, must be some kind of protective coating.

Sponsored Links