Taurus TCP738. Dirtiest NIB gun ever purchased. Anyone Else?

This is a discussion on Taurus TCP738. Dirtiest NIB gun ever purchased. Anyone Else? within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I purchased a Taurus TCP738 last weekend. NIB from cabelas. Well, it was the display model, but new, never shot. I cleaned it last night ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ghettokracker71

Thread: Taurus TCP738. Dirtiest NIB gun ever purchased. Anyone Else?

I purchased a Taurus TCP738 last weekend. NIB from cabelas. Well, it was the display model, but new, never shot.

I cleaned it last night before going to shoot it friday for the fist time. It was dirty, by far the dirtiest new gun i have ever purchased. I used a 8x8" hand towel for the initial wipe down, and it was black pretty much wall to wall by the time i was done, the barrel was pretty clean but all the innards, the hammer, and even down into the magwell was really dirty. I would say easily twice as dirty as my full size 40 was.

Anyone else experience this? just curious. it appears to function, cycle ok. guess i'll find out for sure tomorrow.
    Springfield XD40 Service

Yep - my 709 was even worse - cleaned'em up and have loved them every since.
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

Ex Member
    Wonder why? They are not built in a sterile environment but should be clean.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSA View Post
    I purchased a Taurus TCP738 last weekend. NIB from cabelas. Well, it was the display model, but new, never shot.

I cleaned it last night before going to shoot it friday for the fist time. It was dirty, by far the dirtiest new gun i have ever purchased. I used a 8x8" hand towel for the initial wipe down, and it was black pretty much wall to wall by the time i was done, the barrel was pretty clean but all the innards, the hammer, and even down into the magwell was really dirty. I would say easily twice as dirty as my full size 40 was.

Anyone else experience this? just curious. it appears to function, cycle ok. guess i'll find out for sure tomorrow.
    "display model" , could have something to do with it?

Congrats on the new weapon.
    Czombie likes this.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I expected it to be dirty on the outside, and dry fired more than i would ever do. but not dirty on the inside. i just thought it was strange.
    Springfield XD40 Service

New Member Array Camdenbullit52's Avatar
    Just picked up a new Rossie 65 blued, took over an hour to get the bown **** off it, must be some kind of protective coating.

Only " Dirt " I've got in a 738 was Federal law Enforce AMMO ... only fired 2 mags and looked like some kid poured white sand into the mag chamber ??? Never happened with any other ammo , and THAT ammo was WAYYYY too powerful for the poor 738 , felt like I was shooting 9's ?? The 2 - TCP738s I have run very nicely on PMC 90 grain ball. Anything else is a lil iffy ...just ordered 10 boxes of the stuff as it's almost impossible to find locally . Ran some Russian stuff TULL AMMO or something, wouldn't work because the rear of the Cases are not Flanged at a 45 degree angle toward the rear of the shell , just a cut circle , so wouldn't cycle as the ejector couldn't catch them . I 've had several 380s in the 80s before they were in vogue , and can say the TCP738 , once you work out a few small quips with a file , and some polish are the most pleasurable to shoot than others twice their size. Others complain of " Snap " or " KICK" ...I Got that super bad with a former PPK I Hated
    but this little thing , half the size and weight I can easily shoot one handed very comfortably ??

Hardest thing I ever cleaned mosin-nagant.Cosmoline heavy!

Distinguished Member Array subhuman's Avatar
    wow way to dig up a dirty old thread
    If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia,Vis,Celeritas

VIP Member
    The new Ruger LCR 22 lr revolver I got supposedly had one round fired through it at the factory. Took almost forever to get all the cylinder chambers clean though. And it was special order - never sat in a display case.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links