Jag question

This is a discussion on Jag question within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; What is the best brand and type of jag to purchas? Does it make a difference if you are cleaning a pistol or rifle as ...

Thread: Jag question

Jag question

What is the best brand and type of jag to purchas?
    Does it make a difference if you are cleaning a pistol or rifle as to what type of jag you use?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

My cleaning gear includes both brass jags and plastic jags. When I'm ready to use one I tend to opt for the brass jag first but they all work.

As stated above previously.....I use plastic and brass as well. The best brand? Depends on your cleaning rod basically. The threads need to match the rod. If you have a specific brand kit like the Outers or Kleen-Bore, you'll more than likely need to stick with those brands of accessories since the threads are not standard. Some kits may come with adapters, but what they fit is often a gamble. If you want to buy the good brass jags or bronze brushes like you find at the gun shows, then you'll need one of the better quality/brand rods that are standard thread.

Links