been using mobil 1 with good results

This is a discussion on been using mobil 1 with good results within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Been using for years with 3parts mobil #1 and one part ATF for rust prevention....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: been using mobil 1 with good results

Been using for years with 3parts mobil #1 and one part ATF for rust prevention.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Interesting idea. I may have to try this,...I've used various Mobil products in my cars over the years. I prefer Amsoil products. I would imagine either would work just fine.

I have some Amsoil and M1 0w20 full-syn oil laying around that I had for my wife's old Toyota (traded it in on a Subaru. LOVE it!), wonder if I could use such a thin weight in a firearm?

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Mobil 1 or any synthetic motor oil has better viscosity breakdown properties than regular oil and work very well in a gas engine under high temps. In a hand gun thermal break down is not a problem. You put oil on a gun for two reasons ...one is to lubricate the other is to prevent rust. Synthetic oil has NO benefit used on a gun, but if you like synthetic go right ahead and enjoy!
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Mobil 1 or any synthetic motor oil has better viscosity breakdown properties than regular oil and work very well in a gas engine under high temps. In a hand gun thermal break down is not a problem. You put oil on a gun for two reasons ...one is to lubricate the other is to prevent rust. Synthetic oil has NO benefit used on a gun, but if you like synthetic go right ahead and enjoy!
    But its oh so sweet to see the looks on your liberal friends faces when you announce that you are going green. That you are doing your part in cutting back on drilling for oil. All while showing them your tool of death and destruction with not one drop of Dino oil on it.

Michael

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links