Anyone use either of these kits? - Page 2

Anyone use either of these kits?

This is a discussion on Anyone use either of these kits? within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; In my recent searching around to get familiar with cleaning "stuff" there are 100% synthetic oils out there like SPEC 357...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone use either of these kits?

In my recent searching around to get familiar with cleaning "stuff" there are 100% synthetic oils out there like SPEC 357

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    bore snakes, rem oil, dental tools and assort tooth brushes..not steel. birchwood casey for stainless ( though it is like compounding a cars finish vs a waxing)

otis is nice for the range but shares no parts with other brushes. if you are shooting the proper hardness of lead at the correct speeds you should have no leading. even in polygonal bbls.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I think you'd be safe using Gunzilla. It is made from plants, has no toxic fumes and no toxic effects if it contacts your skin. It works very well too. I think you will find that cleaning using rods is much more effective. I've tried both and couldn't stand the cable type.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I use a rod on my short/pistol barrels. But I like the boresnake on the long arms.

I have a lot of different cleaning supplies in my kit, but I mostly use Gunzilla, toothbrushes, and patches. Along with a small pick kit from Lowes, and forceps from the ER.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I know that at least Gunzilla and WeaponShield are non toxic. Even unused motor oil and unused ATF is fairly harmless, provided you're not doing anything strange with them. Add nitrile gloves in the mix as well, and I second the recommendation to clean outside with a fan blowing the fumes away from you (although i can vouch that weaponshield is quite low odor, at least an unpleasant, strong odor - like hoppes 9).

You can usually find MSDS online by googling the product and then MSDS

For example, to find the weaponshield MSDS, google " weaponshield MSDS". You can see that so long as you don't burn the stuff or inject it at high speed under your skin, you should be fine.

The sheets aren't in a standard format from manufacturer to manufacturer, but they always have at least the same basic information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links