Revist My Cleaner/Lubricant

This is a discussion on Revist My Cleaner/Lubricant within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I pulled all of my guns out of the safe this evening to put a coat of oil on them. It's an all in one ...

Thread: Revist My Cleaner/Lubricant

Distinguished Member

Revist My Cleaner/Lubricant

I pulled all of my guns out of the safe this evening to put a coat of oil on them. It's an all in one product. I usually do this about every 4 months on the ones that I don't shoot much.

All the patches on the pistols came out clean.

When I opened the chamber on my shotgun, I had a snap cap in it. The snap cap had brown gunk all over it. It was a A-Zoom snap cap. I ran a couple patches through the barrel before it came out clean.

This is the first time that I have seen this, it kind of freaked me out. I have never left a snap cap in any of my guns before and I am not going to do it again.
    I can see where the cleaner/lubricant, ran down on the cap and discolored it slightly. I didn't think I was putting enough oil on it, that it was running down the barrel.

If the cleaner/ lubricant did this to a snap cap, can it be good for blueing?

2. Remove Ads

Links