How to correctly apply MilCom TW25B and how to lube a Mossberg/Maverick 88

This is a discussion on How to correctly apply MilCom TW25B and how to lube a Mossberg/Maverick 88 within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Hey guys, I've been trying to find info on these topics online, but have had trouble digging any up. That said, I figured I would ...

Thread: How to correctly apply MilCom TW25B and how to lube a Mossberg/Maverick 88

Hey guys,

I've been trying to find info on these topics online, but have had trouble digging any up. That said, I figured I would mine the collective DC Brain-Trust for answers to the following questions:

1. How should I correctly apply MilComm TW25B to my carry piece (Sig P238)? Do I apply, rub in, let sit, then wipe, or spread it on and let it sit? If I need to rub in, how/what should I use to rub in? Confused over this.

2. What should I be lubing on my new 12 gauge, a Mossberg Maverick Model 88? When I brought it home from Sportsman's Warehouse (basically Cabelas), I saturated a bore snake's first floss area with Hoppes's #9, and did three passes, got out lots of dark brown gunk. Then I saturated a shop towel with Hoppes 9 and wiped down the barrel and the outside of the mag tube. I also wiped down the exterior of the receiver, and everything in the chamber that I could access with Hoppes 9. Then, I took a new shop towel, saturated it with "Weapon Shield CLP" and wiped down all the afore-mentioned services. Should I be cleaning and lubing any other areas? This is my first long gun purchase, and I'm not sure what exactly I need to do.

Thanks guys. Love this forum

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    #1 As a light grease, I use TW25b only on the high friction, fast moving parts, mainly the rails. A little daub, spread with a Q-tip or cleaning patch in the rail slots on your slide and a tiny bit on the rails should do. This is a good product that is very slick, stays where you put it and dries very slowly so is long lasting. Good choice. I use lighter oil on other areas.
    #2 Sounds like you have this covered.

Sponsored Links