Who uses a Dremel

This is a discussion on Who uses a Dremel within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; What model do you have and what is your opinion of it?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Who uses a Dremel

Who uses a Dremel

What model do you have and what is your opinion of it?
    Utah Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

I've got the cheap black and decker 3 speed from walmart and it works fine. Takes the standard dremel bits. I only use it for small occasional jobs though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

VIP Member
    There is two in the kit. One with a cord and one with a battery. I only use the cord one. I like to cut with the wheel and sometime polish with it. it works good if your bits are in good shape.

Been using one to clean my tooth for years.............

I've got one, a Dremel. It is as useful as my cordless drills (almost). I have an old tackle box FULL of any and all extra bits.

It gets used in my house!

Forgot which model.....I'm deployed.... but it's a corded one with variable speed. Can't remember the RPM # it tops out at right this second either.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I have one. When I want a new 1911, I take a Dremel and polish my feed ramp and slide rails with 200 grit sand paper
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Got a two speed cordless, use it mostly to trim the dogs' toenails. Works like a charm and they like it a lot better than those guillotine-type snippers.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

I've got a variable speed corded model. Mainly used for light jobs, but works well. When you need it, its the only tool that'll do the job. I recommend the variable speed though. I find that the in-between speeds are where I spend most of my time. It's worth the extra $20.

VIP Member
    Have a few, both corded and cordless models and find many uses for both types. I have used them for cutting off rusted nuts and bolts, polishing small parts on my car, polishing various parts on guns, and carving a set of grips and numerous other uses.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

sgb
    I've got an older variable speed Dremel, it's an extremely handy tool to have in the workshop.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I just baught the 3000 specifically for trigger polishing and customizing my Ghost rocket trigger arm. My box had all the extras I needed.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    I've got an older variable speed Dremel, it's an extremely handy tool to have in the workshop.
    Me too (mine is corded). I have the large case and tons of bits. This tool is, by far, the most commonly used power tool in my garage shop. I especially love the reinforced fiberglass cutoff wheels that they recently came out with.

-
    Dadsnugun likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I got a package deal on a variable speed corded model with lots of attachments from Home Depot a number of years ago. I find that the only tool in my shop I use more often than the Dremel is my drill

this is my third. corded variable speed. one of the wires in the stator broke and I could not repair it. the second one was a knock off, the bearings went out and plastic melted. my third is a corded, always a corded. there are way too many uses to list.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Model 770. Battery operated means I can take it anywhere. Dual speed. My opinion of it? I wouldn't want to be without it. My collection of bits come from many years of working closely with tooling and machine shop. Job benefits (free tooling). I can only imagine what I would have paid for what you see pictured here. I've used my Dremel for plenty more than just gunsmithing. Wise investment for the DIYer no matter which model you get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links