Eezox doesn't evaporate or what?

This is a discussion on Eezox doesn't evaporate or what? within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; So I just saw Eezox at my LGS when I got my new 5.7 yestrerday. I figured I use it on the internals of the ...

Thread: Eezox doesn't evaporate or what?

Eezox doesn't evaporate or what?

So I just saw Eezox at my LGS when I got my new 5.7 yestrerday. I figured I use it on the internals of the 5.7 (inside slide, barrel, internal frame)

the instructions say to use a very light coat of eezox and let it air dry...

I did a very fast spray from the aeorosol can and it was nowhere near 'light' I tried to wipe some off. after a whole day, it still looks like when I wiped it down after spraying...

so it's surely not 'dry lube' right now.

do I just wipe off excess now with a microfiber cloth or something?

the tuf-glide is surely easier to apply with the tuf-cloth... lol

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Q. Do I have to reapply Eezox® over the entire gun each time I use it to maintain rust proofing?
    A. No. The first time you clean your firearm, it should be taken down as far as practical. Thoroughly clean all the grease, oil, dirt and other previous solvents from the metal, using ONLY EEZOX®. When you are happy that your gun is completely clean, wipe it dry with a cloth and then apply a THIN coat of Eezox® and set it aside to dry. Do not allow EEZOX® to pool and dry, especially on semiautos. If the EEZOX® has not dried to the touch within a couple of hours, you have applied too much....wipe dry with a soft cloth. Reassemble your firearm and you are protected from rust, even around salt water. A quick bore cleaning and light wipe down of exposed metal and you are good to go.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

alright then... I wiped it down, I guess it worked it's magic into the metal at this point.

I'm gonna have to find anotehr way to spray that thing to get a thinner coat... maybe apply it to a patch and use the patch to wipe it down or something.

or somehow regulate how much it sprays!

Love Eezox,when the USMC took the Breakfree contract I came home with 5 gallons worth of 8oz cans.

I spray eezox on a 4''x4'' patch & wipe down guns. The patch stays wet & I get just the right amount of coverage.
    G17,G19C,G21,G22c,G22RTF2/Gills,G26,G31,G32
    Colt Python 6'' .357mag & 4'' Trooper

NRA Pistol Instructor
    SC CWP Instructor

Anecdotal tale...
    When I deployed to Germany, I cleaned and wiped down all my firearms with Eezox. They were stored in non-climate controlled shed in my parent's backyard through three cold, wet Georgia winters and three hot, humid Georgia summers. None suffered any rust or corrosion, everything from blued, to Parkerized to a few that were in the process of being built and were still "in the white" with bare metal.

Sponsor
    I always do my initial cleaning and treatment with the aid of a toaster oven. I heat the oven up to 300deg while I'm cleaning the pistola and place all the metal coated with EezOx in the heated oven. Turn the oven off and leave it over night. The Heat helps draw the EezOx into the steel. A quick wipe down and It's good to go.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Links