Sig P290 trigger group disassembly

This is a discussion on Sig P290 trigger group disassembly within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I have a Sig P290 non-rs and I love it. After practicing, field stripping and cleaning is very simple and relatively easy (contrary to what ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Sig P290 trigger group disassembly

I have a Sig P290 non-rs and I love it. After practicing, field stripping and cleaning is very simple and relatively easy (contrary to what has been said). I want to do a deep cleaning of the lower receiver and remove any burrs. I have yet to locate any guidance to disassemble the trigger group. I have gunsmith experience. This is a great little CC firearm and will be even better sparkling clean. Has anybody come across any info regarding P290 trigger breakdown? Help of any sort will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Administrator
    I tried looking for you and (though I'm certain it doesn't help any) I couldn't find anything either on YouTube & the general web and I searched a few different ways and with differing search key words.
    mjb65 likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I tried looking for you and (though I'm certain it doesn't help any) I couldn't find anything either on YouTube & the general web and I searched a few different ways and with differing search key words.
    Thanks for your efforts QKShooter.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Administrator
    I'm admittedly NOT at all familiar with the SIG P290 trigger group and what specifically would make it different from any of the other existing SIG trigger systems. I'm a SIG trigger dummy so when I want to do a complete clean of mine I use my own bucket of solvent blend with some WeaponShield mixed it and then I brush and Q-Tip whatever I can and then blow it all out with compressed air.
    So far that has worked for me without me having to haul a shoebox full of disassembled SIG parts to the LGS.
    You might want to call SIG Technical and find out if it's identical to any other model triggers and then possibly it would be covered in the SIG armorer DVDs
    SIG SAUER ARMORER'S COURSE 1 & 2 - Brownells

mjb65 likes this.

I considered a good soak but this is my first poly frame and I am leery of the consequences of chemicals on plastic. Plus I want to smooth any questionable areas. I like your idea of calling Sig Tech (Except I am one of those who does not stop to ask for directions and gets lost) and the dvds. Thanks for the link.

BTW this is funny stuff and what I am trying to avoid "So far that has worked for me without me having to haul a shoebox full of disassembled SIG parts to the LGS. "
    Benjamin Franklin
    Sir Winston Churchill

Administrator
    "Plus I want to smooth any questionable areas." <~~~For sure you can't simply soak any burs or rough spots away.

Good Luck. Report what you find out as it may help somebody else in a similar circumstance.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You might want to call SIG Technical and find out if it's identical to any other model triggers and then possibly it would be covered in the SIG armorer DVDs
    SIG SAUER ARMORER'S COURSE 1 & 2 - Brownells
    AGI also carries a SIG Armorer course on DVD as well. Unknown whether its coverage would apply to the P290.
    mjb65 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thanks ccw9mm for the link.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Sir Winston Churchill

I found the answer. so simple as it is. field strip it, punch out the pin holding the side panel grips, lift the hammer group up and there you have it. I also modified the mag release and that is ridiculously simple too. Sheesh, only took a year.
    Last edited by mjb65; December 13th, 2013 at 03:16 AM.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Sir Winston Churchill

Sponsored Links