How to Clean a Gun - Tips and Techniques - HD VIDEO

This is a discussion on How to Clean a Gun - Tips and Techniques - HD VIDEO within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Do you find doing cleaning and maintenance to be relaxing and enjoyable? I really like hunkering down with my pistols and rifles, field stripping, or ...

Thread: How to Clean a Gun - Tips and Techniques - HD VIDEO

Do you find doing cleaning and maintenance to be relaxing and enjoyable? I really like hunkering down with my pistols and rifles, field stripping, or detail stripping them down and carefully cleaning and lubing them? I enjoy the little foray into mechanics and I always admire the craftsmanship and engineering marvel that firearms represent.

What are your favorite little "tricks" or "tips" and "techniques" for making it an enjoyable and relatively hassle free experience?

Here's a little video I put together showing how I do it. Would love to hear from others on this.

VIDEO LINK HERE.

Wonder how you clean the smaller items like springs, guide rods etc.....

I also spray them down with a cleaner and use a brass brush. I do not recommend a grease but use a precision oil for inspection instruments (Starrett brand).

I let the cat lick the small parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
    Do you find doing cleaning and maintenance to be relaxing and enjoyable? I really like hunkering down with my pistols and rifles, field stripping, or detail stripping them down and carefully cleaning and lubing them? I enjoy the little foray into mechanics and I always admire the craftsmanship and engineering marvel that firearms represent.
    Yes....it seems I end up logging more time in cleaning than in shooting the rifle.

What are your favorite little "tricks" or "tips" and "techniques" for making it an enjoyable and relatively hassle free experience?
    I like using compressed air before applying solvent (receiver, barrel, etc).....also I use a long steel needle tip adapter screwed on the oil tube for those precise lubrication and to avoid over lubrication.

Sponsored Links