help needed, ruger p95 trigger

This is a discussion on help needed, ruger p95 trigger within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Hey everyone. i got a p95 not too long ago and i have started having a problem with the trigger in DA mode. when i ...

Thread: help needed, ruger p95 trigger

help needed, ruger p95 trigger

Hey everyone. i got a p95 not too long ago and i have started having a problem with the trigger in DA mode. when i dry fire without the mag in the hammer will not release untill i start letting go of the trigger. there is no way that should happen right? instead of the hammer realeasing when the trigger is pulled it releases when its let go. my other question is would a new hammer spring fix this or would i have to find a trigger kit (which im having trouble finding for ruger p95). thanks for any help.
    ruger91

NRA member

2. Remove Ads

Ruger P95

My experience with Ruger is their customer service is excellent. Give them a call and explain your situation. Ruger technicians are very good at talking through problems and making recommendations. The gun might have to be returned to Ruger.

thanks for the insight bigdawg
    ruger91

NRA member

Ruger offered NO gunsmith part-support for their centerfire autoloading pistols. Consequently, few gunsmiths would tune them. The exception being the current LC9 & SR9. Because of the growing CWP craze, an increasing number of high-quality upstarts (Galloway Precision comes to mind) offers components to improve the performance of those two pistols. I've always thought that the P95 and P345 were fine handguns, but if anything needs tune or repair, it's back to Ruger they go. And if you HAVE had one tuned, the factory is gonna' replace your polished/profiled parts with factory stock parts & may or may not return your originals. I think they have lawyers on retainer working in Customer Service.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links