3rd Gen S&W

This is a discussion on 3rd Gen S&W within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I just recently picked up my first SS S&W 3rd Gen. I have given it a good cleaning but I want it to look new. ...

Thread: 3rd Gen S&W

Question 3rd Gen S&W

I just recently picked up my first SS S&W 3rd Gen. I have given it a good cleaning but I want it to look new. Besides bead blasting are there any other ways to make it look new?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Not really. I don't think that will make it look like it should.
    Just enjoy it, shoot it and look for a minty one if you must have it.

I just sold/traded a mint 6906 for a previously owned 39-2.
    I still have its blued counterpart, a 6904 but its nowhere near the condition the 6906 was.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Check here on the S&W forum.

3rd generation SS finish
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Some careful work with Scotchbrite pads can do wonders. Make dang sure your working with all-stainless & no anodized aluminum. BTW, I prefer my Porsche & my wife to "look new". I prefer my handguns to show some experience.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

My 6906 has been my go to carry weapon in all seasons for over 20 years. It still looks good as new in spite of several thousand rounds of 9mm during training. But as long as it continues to function flawlessly (never a failure since I bought it in 1990), I don't care if it remains "pretty".

Links