Best product to clean lead fouling?

This is a discussion on Best product to clean lead fouling? within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I normally use Bore Tech products and really like them, however when I shoot at my club's indoor range I'm limited to lead bullets. I'm ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Best product to clean lead fouling?

I normally use Bore Tech products and really like them, however when I shoot at my club's indoor range I'm limited to lead bullets.

I'm having a hard time getting all the lead fouling out of my pistols and would like to hear some suggestions on any products/techniques others have used to remove lead fouling that they are happy with.

Thanks!

Bill

VIP Member
    Bar none this will get out the worst lead fouling you could imagine and it will not damage the rifling.

LEWIS LEAD REMOVER | Brownells
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Wrap a few strands of a Chore Boy copper pot scrubber around your cleaning jag, and run that back and forth through your bore. The copper is softer than steel but harder than lead, and in a few passes your leading will be gone.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Plus 0ne for Chore Boy. Make sure it's "Chore Boy" as other imatations are copper-clad steel. You want the original. I run a patch soaked with Hoppes thru the barrel, let it set a few minutes, and then wrap a patch of ChoreBoy around a brass brush and run 'er thru. The lead comes out in slivers and leaves the barrel sparkling clean.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Plus 0ne for Chore Boy. Make sure it's "Chore Boy" as other imatations are copper-clad steel. You want the original. I run a patch soaked with Hoppes thru the barrel, let it set a few minutes, and then wrap a patch of ChoreBoy around a brass brush and run 'er thru. The lead comes out in slivers and leaves the barrel sparkling clean.
    What other protectant/lube do you use in the bore and in cleaning/protecting the other parts of the gun? Have you tried Eezox?

Links