Gunzilla vs. Weaponshield

This is a discussion on Gunzilla vs. Weaponshield within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I have used the search and read through the entire Gunzilla Forum. I am looking for a up to date comparison of the two. I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Gunzilla vs. Weaponshield

I have used the search and read through the entire Gunzilla Forum.
    I am looking for a up to date comparison of the two.
    I use Gunzilla and love it. But I have read post about their MSDS being incomplete.
    I'm wondering if it is really as safe as they claim it to be.
    If so why won't they produce a complete MSDS like weaponshield does?

Also looking for the Pros and Cons of both.
    I was thinking of using an additional lube ( gun butter ) with either. But I'm wondering if the cleaning agents in both products will break down the additional lube.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What exactly do you find missing on their MSDS? All the important stuff is there - health effects, first aid, flash point, etc. Do you think that stating "proprietary ingredients" means it's incomplete? Coca-Cola could be accused of the same thing!
    Inspector71 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Administrator
    I think pretty much everybody that tries Gunzilla has been very happy with it as far as results are concerned.
    I don't believe there has ever been a side by size comparison between the two lubricants on DefensiveCarry.
    I use WeaponShield exclusively and I have been extremely pleased with it ever since day one.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've used Gunzilla for a while and it does a good job, but no better than anything else in my opinion. A can of 3-in-1 oil works as well as anything as a gun lube. I've also tried Froglube that my son gave me. It does smell nice, but it makes the recoil spring assembly so darn slick on my 6906 that I have to hold it in place during assembly.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    What exactly do you find missing on their MSDS? All the important stuff is there - health effects, first aid, flash point, etc. Do you think that stating "proprietary ingredients" means it's incomplete? Coca-Cola could be accused of the same thing!
    I have read pages of people questioning the safety of it. Or the fact it is all natural.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I think pretty much everybody that tries Gunzilla has been very happy with it as far as results are concerned.
    I don't believe there has ever been a side by size comparison between the two lubricants on DefensiveCarry.
    I use WeaponShield exclusively and I have been extremely pleased with it ever since day one.
    Can you use an additional lube or will the cleaning properties in both break down the additional lube?

Real men make up and use Ed's Red... (and their wives banish them to the garage!)
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Administrator
    I have used Jardine's Extreme in combination with WeaponShield without a problem but, later decided that it just was not necessary and that was the reason that I stopped using Jardine's on my rails.

As stated above - now I am only using WeaponShield. As far as using any two differing lubricants (combined) I think you will just need to do your own testing.

Possibly you will invent something new and better.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thank you both. Your response is appreciated.

Links