Stoopid Stoopid Stoopid Me

This is a discussion on Stoopid Stoopid Stoopid Me within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; So it was finally off to the range as my ammo supply has stabilized. I had finished doing the FrogLube treatment to my Springfield Loaded ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Stoopid Stoopid Stoopid Me

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Stoopid Stoopid Stoopid Me

So it was finally off to the range as my ammo supply has stabilized. I had finished doing the FrogLube treatment to my Springfield Loaded Champion, I had done a thorough disassemble and cleaning. Unbeknownst to me, the two spring bull barrel system is not meant to be taken apart. Why, you may ask? Because you can accidentally put the main spring back in backwards! SO on the third round, she jammed up. Took it apart and realized my mistake. It buggered up the unit so I just got off the phone with SA customer service, they will send one out overnight tomorrow. Their service is outstanding.

Well that little mistake only cost me $70.00. And no carry piece until the part gets here as the wife is traveling and has our other pistol with her.

It will be the AR for home defense for a few days I guess.

Aggravating and embarrassing. Conserving ammo by breaking the gun is not the best plan. I did get to put a few rounds through he AR, so the trip was not a complete waste.

I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

Was this something that was in the users manual or did customer service tell you? I was never a "read the directions first" type until I went through firefighter school. The first exam we took was on day one, the tenth/final question told us to go back and read the directions and the directions told us to not answer any of the questions. Everyone failed, lesson learned lol.

Glad to hear that it didnt cause you any harm or serious damage to the gun.
    locotest, blitzburgh and Sister like this.
    Tada gan irracht - Nothing without effort

Yep, silly you! You realize that this just means that you're going to have to buy another one as to not leave you without during one of these episodes, right?
    fredg53, Sister and oneshot like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

The SA manual is pretty skimpy, I went by the exploded diagram. Lesson learned.

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    It will be the AR for home defense for a few days I guess.
    That's probably a better plan anyways :wink. Maybe put a dot of red nail polish on one end of spring and corresponding end of gun.

You're not the first to do something like, won't be the last. I knew a guy that put a barrel in upside down - yes locking lugs sticking out of the ejection port. The gun was locked up and he called customer service. All they could tell him was you can't do that - he had to keep telling them: yes I can, I'll looking at it right now and I have witnesses. Damn Jarheads.

Actually, its this forum's fault. If I hadn't gone all in on the Frog Lube concept based on posts here, I would have never thought to take it apart, LOL. It may be broken, but its well lubricated!

Had a buddy do same on an LCP I almost did myself. Time for a back up

VIP Member
    You definitely need more pistols.

Sorry to hear of your woes.
    Good luck, hope the part gets there quickly.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Unbeknownst to me, the two spring bull barrel system is not meant to be taken apart. Why, you may ask? Because you can accidentally put the main spring back in backwards! SO on the third round, she jammed up.

And no carry piece until the part gets here ...
    Another good reason for having a #2, and some spare parts, in the stable. You never know what's going to occur, to take #1 out of commission.

Glad the solution was simple.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I do not need extra parts. I do, apparently, need extra brains LOL
    OD* likes this.

Distinguished Member
    When I bought my first pistol with a mag, I embarrassed myself by trying to put the bullets in the mag backwards ~ don't feel bad, when we learn like that usually the same mistake is not made again.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Huh, HK did the same.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    That whole episode is near pure genius next to being a Blackhawks fan.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

That's cold. You mean a Stanley Cup Champion Blackhawks fan...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Actually, its this forum's fault. If I hadn't gone all in on the Frog Lube concept based on posts here, I would have never thought to take it apart, LOL. It may be broken, but its well lubricated!
    Oh, so now it's our fault, eh? Who's sitting there with the busted gun?
    Sister likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links