Rem-DriLube

Rem-DriLube

This is a discussion on Rem-DriLube within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; No, I don't use this on my guns. I DO use TW25b and Hoppe's oil on my pistols and just picked up some CLP to ...

Thread: Rem-DriLube

Rem-DriLube

No, I don't use this on my guns. I DO use TW25b and Hoppe's oil on my pistols and just picked up some CLP to try in the AR.

I've had a can of the Rem-DriLube (leaves a dry teflon coating) from about 30 years ago or longer and my question is does it have any place in a gun cleaning/lube regiment or is it an outdated product? Or should I simply use on sticky window channels? I recall buying it after I purchased my first guns in the early 80's. I'm just surprised the can has retained the aerosol.

I live in a part of TN that gets more rain per year than does Seattle. Im a big fan of goretex, AND remoil with teflon. I have never had my guns rust up using that, and sometimes the weapons have been in the rain all day. I dry them off at the end of the day, and reapply, of course.

Anyway, Id use it.

My typical experience with dry lubes (by no means and end-all interpretation, but still worth mentioning) is that they are not the best lubricants or corrosion protectors, but they are good for niche use. If you live in an extremely dusty environment, dry lubes are great, worth the lesser lubricating/protecting qualities because they don't gum up with dust like wet lubes will. But other than that, I've learned to stick with non-dry lubes.

I do not have experience specifically with that product though. Maybe it's the shiznit and lubes and protects like a dream all while not actually being wet and never collecting dust or any other particulate. But I'd guess not, or else it would be more popular by now I'd think.

Thanks for the responses. A guy on another forum says he uses it after he cleans his mags but not much else.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Mags are where I use dry lubes so they won't gum up.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grbr View Post
    My typical experience with dry lubes (by no means and end-all interpretation, but still worth mentioning) is that they are not the best lubricants or corrosion protectors, but they are good for niche use. If you live in an extremely dusty environment, dry lubes are great, worth the lesser lubricating/protecting qualities because they don't gum up with dust like wet lubes will. But other than that, I've learned to stick with non-dry lubes.

I do not have experience specifically with that product though. Maybe it's the shiznit and lubes and protects like a dream all while not actually being wet and never collecting dust or any other particulate. But I'd guess not, or else it would be more popular by now I'd think.
    I live in that hot, dry dust bowl area! We don't normally get any rain between april and november. Any oil residew attracts and holds dust and grit. I have used Rem-Dri for about 10 years, and it works great as a lube that doesnt hold dirt and grit. It also makes cleaning as easy as hosing out the actions of semi auto 22 rifles with compressed air! I have always wondered how well it does as a rust preventor. DR

Sponsored Links