How to clean synthetic gun stocks & grips

This is a discussion on How to clean synthetic gun stocks & grips within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Fell in a giant mud puddle up to my waist last weekend while bird hunting. Thoroughly cleaned the shotgun and pistol I was carrying at ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By airslot
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: How to clean synthetic gun stocks & grips

How to clean synthetic gun stocks & grips

Fell in a giant mud puddle up to my waist last weekend while bird hunting. Thoroughly cleaned the shotgun and pistol I was carrying at the time but the synthetic stock and fore-end on the shotgun and the synthetic parts of the pistol frame still look dirty after multiple cleanings. First cleaning attempt was wiping down with a damp cloth and then drying with another cloth. Second attempt was identical but added lightly scrubbing with a soft sponge with a few drops of Dawn dish detergent as the first step. Any ideas on how to get these parts clean?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Remove stock and fore end from action. Warm water/soap solution and a fingernail brush scrubbing. Dry and reassemble.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Soap, water, toothbrush.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links