Questions on Otis solvents and Gunzilla

This is a discussion on Questions on Otis solvents and Gunzilla within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I've been looking at alternatives to my old hopps number 9, as the wife gets really mad anytime I clean my guns and the smell ...

Thread: Questions on Otis solvents and Gunzilla

Questions on Otis solvents and Gunzilla

I've been looking at alternatives to my old hopps number 9, as the wife gets really mad anytime I clean my guns and the smell is starting to bother me also. Has anyone tried the Otis 012 solvents if so are they any good?

Looking through here it seems that gunzilla has large following. How do you use it? If I go this route will I need nylon brushes since it appears to break down copper?

And if I go gunzilla how good is it as a lubricant? I've seriously considered switching from gun oil to Brain Eno's slide glide would this work or not work with the Gunzilla?

I shoot 22lr jacketed pistol and rifle, AR-15 jacketed and handgun lead and jacketed bullets.

2. Remove Ads

I use Gunzilla on all of mine (Sig, HK, Glock, Boberg) and it does a great job of cleanning and lubricant.

Links