Frog lube

This is a discussion on Frog lube within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I'm just wondering does anyone who has used it have any complaints about it? I'm using gunzilla now but I'm curious about Frog lube. If ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Frog lube

Frog lube

I'm just wondering does anyone who has used it have any complaints about it? I'm using gunzilla now but I'm curious about Frog lube. If anyone has used both I would appreciate a comparison.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Using it regularly. It is great. Sometimes Gramps does a quick partial cleaning just to smell the mint.

......that's healthier than sniffing glue, right?

Never used gunzilla so can't really answer the last part of your question.
    EdJean likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I love the stuff. It's probably not as magic as the hype, but for me it works great. Cleaning is easy, it's easy to work with, guns run smooth as buttah....

I have some and it works great, but I use Eezox on all the guns.

Use it regularly. Went to the range last week and put 400 rounds through my glock and when it came time to clean the gun it's almost as if the fouling came off with a dry rag. It cuts my cleaning time in half
    EdJean likes this.

I switched just to cut down on my hazwaste. Doesn't seem to clean the fouling out of the bore very well, but other than that it's great. I use a foaming bore cleaner for that anyway.

I leave it on a little thick, and after shooting, I just wipe all dirty lube off and apply clean lube again. But honestly, if it weren't for my preference for non-toxic stuff, I don't think I would have made the jump. (lots of cancer in my family, and I have young kids that love to clean my guns with me)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Been using it for some time on pump, revolver, semi and knives and to date best stuff I have used. From the heat and dust of the southern border to the damp cold rainy weather of the northern border no problem.

I started looking into other products because the smell of good old hoppes number 9 started to bother me and wife freaked out about headaches etc.

These two product just seem a lot the same.

Distinguished Member
    Not a fan. I use EEZOX almost exclusively now.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

I have been using it for about a year now. Use it on AR's, 1911"s, revolvers all my firearms. But you must follow the directions on cleaning all the old product off and not applying it again/ just use the frog lube. Also heating up the guns with a heat gun so product melts into metal pores helps especially the barrel. As the gun heats up it does self lubricate. Cleanup is easier, odor for wife is better. I really like the stuff. Only downside is the cost.
    EdJean likes this.
    William Wallace: There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.

Yeah, the environmental factor caught my attention and I started using it about 6 months ago. Really like it and the wife doesn't complain about the odor anymore

It does a great job. I switched from gunzilla but it worked well too.
    Kennydale likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

There was a pretty extensive thread on it a week or so ago. I just ordered some through Amazon this afternoon.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Everything that has been shot in the last year is now on the Frog Lube or Seal Lube. Heat gun is critical IMO. The down side is that I have a laundry basket of other products I no longer use. It's cut my cleaning time in half, even on ARs which are just about the worst to get totally clean.
    EdJean likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

I have used Eezox until I read the MSDS. Currently I am trying Froglube and Slip2000 to see which works better. My fall back is Sentry Solutions products because it is a dry lube. I like it because it doesn't attract dirt, grime or anything else. I will see if Froglube or Slip2000 gives me what I am after.

GeorgiaCarry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My son has been using it for a few months now and seems to like it. I will say that it made his slide feel much smoother when racked.

My CCO instructor swears by it and my LGS really pushes it.
    I am not sure why, but I still resist.

I will wait a while longer while I keep an eye on my in house tester.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links