Try Eezox

Try Eezox

This is a discussion on Try Eezox within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; First, I notice that there are not many recent post on this particular Forum so this post may not be read by many. Anyway, if ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ElMonoDelMar
  • 1 Post By Oldpsufan

Thread: Try Eezox

Try Eezox

First, I notice that there are not many recent post on this particular Forum so this post may not be read by many. Anyway, if some of you guys/gals have not tried Eezox for cleaning, preserving and lubricating your firearms,may I suggest you try it.

All of us have grown up with the mantra that petro-chemicals for cleaning and oil/grease for lubrication and protection is THE process for caring for guns. However, modern technology has provided alternatives and, perhaps better, ways to protect firearms.

Eezox is one of these. It is a CLP non-petrochemical product making it potentially safer; easy to apply and "cures" into the metal with the first application; dries "dry" (no oily fingerprints when handling after cleaning and prevents collection of dirt and dust common to oil protectants); scores high in tests for rust prevention.

If nothing else, go to You-Tube ,Google 'EEZOX' and read about experiences of others with this product.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I have no connection with Eezox.Just a satisfied user.

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    The Slip 2000 brigade will be here shortly to show you the error of your ways.
    OldVet and RebelSoul like this.

Bring it on !!

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    You won't hear any of it from me. I'm all for the latest and greatest of cleaning products that allow shooters to spend more time at the range and less time cleaning.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    The Slip 2000 brigade will be here shortly to show you the error of your ways.
    The army of one? I don't think I've ever seen Eezox in any of the stores around here, and I'm not paying shipping and handling to try it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsor
    I've been using Eezox for years now. Great product.

My wife can't stand the smell but I like it's odor better than any other CLP I've used.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I received my first can of Eezox two days ago in the mail. I tried it on my Colt Mustang Pocketlite that I had just cleaned on Saturday with a CLP from my local gun store. I was amazed that the level of powder residue I was able to get off my "clean gun". I hope it provides the "dry" lubrication and rust prevention as well as it cleans. My first impressions are favorable. Do subsequent cleanings become easier because of the dried film left on the gun? Do multiple applications of Eezox provide better "dry lubrication"? I look forward to finding out.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Call me old fashioned but I still use Hoppe's for all my gun needs, it's been around forever and there must be a reason why.
    RebelSoul likes this.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Okay, you're old fashioned...
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Been usinr EEZOX for years on all my guns. I began using it on my Seecamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler1 View Post
    I received my first can of Eezox two days ago in the mail. I tried it on my Colt Mustang Pocketlite that I had just cleaned on Saturday with a CLP from my local gun store. I was amazed that the level of powder residue I was able to get off my "clean gun". I hope it provides the "dry" lubrication and rust prevention as well as it cleans. My first impressions are favorable. Do subsequent cleanings become easier because of the dried film left on the gun? Do multiple applications of Eezox provide better "dry lubrication"? I look forward to finding out.
    Yes...subsequent cleanings are easier. Specifically, the 1st treatment "cures" for 24 hours then later cleanings require only 15 min to 1 hr.(depending on how particular you are). This is because the product 'leaches' into the metal which is mostly accomplished with the initial 24 hr. cure. Eezox rates high on rust prevention. The lubrication works like other lubes in that each application "re -lubes " the firearm but has the advantage of not leaving fingerprints when handling. I usually wipe a gun down with a silicone cloth if it's handled very much, but that's just me . May not be necessary. Incidentally, this works great on knives as well.

One other tip I would like to share ... If you are storing a fire-arm long term, clean it and apply a light coat of RENAISSANCE WAX...let it dry and lightly buff. It is 'micro crystalline' wax which also gets into the surfaces (metal/wood), protects and preserves. Museums use it on firearms for long term preservation.

Links