Springfield Issues

Springfield Issues

This is a discussion on Springfield Issues within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I have a Springfield Loaded and have a problem I can best describe as the slide would not go back to full battery. I took ...

Springfield Issues

I have a Springfield Loaded and have a problem I can best describe as the slide would not go back to full battery. I took it apartand it was really very hard to get the slide off the frame (BTW- I have taken the slide off of the frame cleaned the barrel several times before after shooting. Not my first time to do this)removed the barrel and placed it on the frame and put the pin that holds the link into the frame in place and verified the barrel/link works like it should. I removed the barrel from the frame and just tried to put the slide onto the frame. I would take extreme force to even get the slide back on the frame and make it move. Also the spring guide rod (at the back part that supports the barrel) has one of the "ears" broken off. This gun has never had any +P or ++P ammo shot in it. Is this something I should send to Springfield to check into?

You're off to a bad start. If you have a piece broken, you need a smith to look at it. Got pictures ?

Lead Moderator
    I would send it back. they should fix it right up for you.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Check to see if the ejector has moved up slightly. This will make the slide difficult or impossible to remove unless the firing pin stop is first removed. The ejector will catch on the firing pin stop if it comes up a very slight amount.
    This happened to me on my EMP. After I saw what had happened, I simply "tapped" the ejector down again with a VERY SMALL brass hammer. Problem solved!!
    We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now able to do anything with nothing.

Call Springfield Customer Service and give them the same description. They will take care of it for you.

I've had great experiences with SA, just send it back.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

somebody screwed up and didn't fit the pistol right, especially if one of the ears on your guide rod broke; send that thing back and demand they replace all the broken parts and make it right.

Ordinarily, I would say a failure to go into battery would be an ammunition problem, but if this is happening with an empty chamber, someone didn't fit your barrel properly.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    Call Springfield Customer Service and give them the same description. They will take care of it for you.
    Bingo. ^^

Call SA and don't waste any more time trying to find solutions off the internet.
    They will make it right for you, period.
    For proof search here for my own story toward SA; Keywords '1911 Loaded Target'.

As with most anything else if it's under warranty and not working right then send it back.
    EOT.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I agree with sending back for warranty repair...but just wondering if it could be a drift pin walking out.... does the Springfield have a drift pin secured ejector?

Just wondering?????

Sorry it took so long to respond. I do not have any issues with ejector (did look as sugested). Looks like the front part of the frame rail is slighly "swollen" (best way to describe) I am hoping to get some photos to post(if I can figure out how to do that)
    I am taking photos before I send it back to Springfield. Upate is I did contact Springfield C/S and they sent me a shipping lable to send it back to them (their dime). It will be sent Fed EX and since my wife works for Fed Ex, she is looking into the regulations and will be sending it back. Let's keep our colective fingers crossed that everything goes smoothe.

I got it sent to SA today. Don't have a turnaround time

Acording to the FedEx tracking, SA reeived by gun on Monday, 22/2008. The wait contiues........

Links