CLP????

This is a discussion on CLP???? within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; So I've had this stuff since I was in the ARNG and I like it. Problem is I don't know what the civilian replacement is? ...

Thread: CLP????

CLP????

So I've had this stuff since I was in the ARNG and I like it. Problem is I don't know what the civilian replacement is?

Any help?
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

2. Remove Ads

It's called Breakfree CLP. I believe, there is a bit less of the solvent in the civvie blend for whatever reason, but its good stuff. I do, usually, use hoppes solvent first.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Administrator
    BreakFree CLP or FP-10 (FirePower 10) or WeaponShield -
    WeaponShield is the latest version of the CLP (Cleans ~ Lubricates ~ Protects) type products.
    It independently tests better than BreakFree or FP-10.
    The creator of FP-10 is the same chemist that formulated the more advanced WeaponShield.

Just Google search WeaponShield & that will give you the manufacturer web site.

There's better stuff out there now in my opinion. I'm not pushing any products here, but lets just say I really relied on CLP also for a very long time which began in the military also for me. I know better things now.

what works better is militech. Alot of the units in the military have go to it and the reason why is you use have as much as CLP and does just as good if not better. Here is the link to the websiteMILITEC-1 - synthetic lubricant, gun oil and metal conditioner
    Bryan A Dreyer
    Sgt USMC/US Army
    .45 ACP

Go to the Sponsors forum and look at the Gunzilla thread.

You can also go to the website and see the tests done between Gunzilla and CLP. Gunzilla is a far superior cleaner, lubricant and protectant.

Gunzilla
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    Go to the Sponsors forum and look at the Gunzilla thread.

You can also go to the website and see the tests done between Gunzilla and CLP. Gunzilla is a far superior cleaner, lubricant and protectant.

Gunzilla
    I just ordered some Gunzilla, too...it was supposed to arrive yesterday...still waiting.

Based upon the great reviews, I order the large bottle.

To the OP...Gunzilla will replace it......Gunzilla is supposed to do it all, we'll see.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ron
    I switched to Gunzilla and it does for my guns all that the seller says it does. Great stuff.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Links