Gunzilla ~ Myth or Miracle

This is a discussion on Gunzilla ~ Myth or Miracle within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Frankly, I’ve been out touch for a quite a while following a rather serious Line of Duty injury. In fact, I wasn’t sure I’d be ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Gunzilla ~ Myth or Miracle

VIP Member

Frankly, I’ve been out touch for a quite a while following a rather serious Line of Duty injury. In fact, I wasn’t sure I’d be able to shoot again but I have recovered to a state that allows me to function quite well with my handgun(s). Ok, now that ya the know, here is my question. This GUNZILLA stuff sounds a lot like the old military standby BREAKFREE but I’m not sure. Any feedback is appreciated.

UPDATE: Now that my thread was kindly redirected to the correct sub-forum, I see that my question may well have been addressed. However, any recent opinions are still welcomed.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Have not tried it yet but closer to Miracle

I use it and set all my other cleaning supplies aside. Gunzilla is the best IMHO.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I just bought the large spray bottle, it seems like effective stuff, but I have not used it long enough to rate it.
    I use a variety of solutions, but everyone here raves about Gunzilla, so I decided to give it a try.
    If you read up about it...it sounds great...we'll see.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

jfl
    After reading numerous posts here raving about it and no negatives, I ordered a bottle.
    I am happy so far but didn't use it long enough to be positive.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

VIP Member
    If you hadn't seen it yet this thread has a lot of opinions in it:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...n-cleaner.html
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    This GUNZILLA stuff sounds a lot like the old military standby BREAKFREE but I’m not sure.
    It's not BreakFree. It does, without question, works better than anything else I have used to clean my guns. Your results may be different but it appears that everyone here that has tried it has the same results....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I give Gunzilla a two thumbs-up! I was a disbeliever until I tried a sample size bottle. Now I'm hooked and have a bunch of useless firearm cleaning concoctions sitting in my cabinet collecting dust. The Gunzilla gets used every time.

My favorites have been Sharpshooter Wipe-Out and Sweets. Has anyone tried cleaning with Gunzilla and then let either of these set in the bore (for a couple of hours) to see if any additional gunk came out?

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    My favorites have been Sharpshooter Wipe-Out and Sweets. Has anyone tried cleaning with Gunzilla and then let either of these set in the bore (for a couple of hours) to see if any additional gunk came out?
    No but vise/versa, I have cleaned guns thoroughly with my old products then with Gunzilla and have gotten lots more gunk out. When I first bought Gunzilla I re cleaned all my guns with it and got more out. I will not use anything else unless something new comes out to beat it.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Hands down the best stuff out there. I have given all my other stuff away and this is all I use now.

What were you previously using? Reason I ask, I gave up on #9 (donning flame suit) and CLP over a decade ago.

I use to use everything else.

I would go to the Shot show in Vegas and Pick up a bag of samples and use them until the next show.

I have used Hoppes and I liked Mpro 7.

I keep the small samples around for my CCW classes, But I only use Gunzilla, as does every Officer in this area.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

After reading all the good reviews, I ordered some 2 days ago.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Gunzilla Rust Prevention

Been using EEZOX for years and have been happy with it. Read a lot about Gunzilla and decided to try it. Ordered some - prior to using, I decided to test it for rust prevention. Took 3 new 16 penny nails. Submerged one in Eezox, one in Gunzilla and did nothing to the third. Took nails out of the Eezox and Gunzilla and layed on work bench to dry till the next day. Next day, I drove the nails into a piece of 2 X 4 about 1" deep. I put the 2X 4 outside on 2 June 2011. On 4 June 2011, I sprayed down with a salt water solution. On 5 June, the untreated nail had a lot of rust on it and the Gunzilla nail was starting to rust. By the 21st of June, the untreated nail and the Gunzilla nail were both very badly rusted - could not tell the difference between them. The Eezox nail had no rust. Today is 4 July 2011 and the Eezox nail still has no sign of rust - not even on the head of the nail which I used the hammer on to drive it into the 2 X 4. It has rained several times per week for nearly the whole time that the nails have been outside.

Gunzilla sounded good, but guess I will stay with the Eezox.
    Yankeejib and DoctorBob like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links