This is a discussion on Soaking and cleaning solution for Handguns? within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I was wondering if any of you used a soaking solution where you can immerse the entire pistol in a tub of the solution to ...
I was wondering if any of you used a soaking solution where you can immerse the entire pistol in a tub of the solution to clean the parts that we can't reach during a normal field strip. That is, the trigger assembly, the firing pin, magazine, etc.
I looked online, but didn't find anything but this:
I currently use Gunzilla and love it, but am worried I am neglecting the parts I can't reach. I am too afraid to disassemble every little part. I just do the normal field strip.
Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member
I have an ultrasonic cleaner and it is great!! I think it is a crest .
One solution is just soap and water. Special soap they supply. The other solution is an oil for lubrication.
My cleaning routine for pistols.
1) field strip handgun
2) run bore snake down barrel a few times.
3) turn on heater on ultrasonic cleaner
4) soak field stripped pistol in ultrasonic cleaner solution and turn on the cleaner for 3 - 5 minutes
5) rinse gun in hot water in sink
6) use air compressor to blow off all the water
7) put pistol in oil solution and turn the ultrasonic on for 2 minutes.
8) dry the pistol (and use the air compressor on low to to clean out firing pin channel).
9) lube my points as per the glock manual
10) re-assemble and reload.
Gun comes out spotless!