I <3 a freshly cleaned weapon...

This is a discussion on I <3 a freshly cleaned weapon... within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Bart, those will scratch your bore. use only the bronze brushes. As a matter of fact, I only use jags with patches and a cleaning ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I <3 a freshly cleaned weapon...

Bart,
    those will scratch your bore. use only the bronze brushes. As a matter of fact, I only use jags with patches and a cleaning rod which spins on ball bearings. If you use a good solvent like Sharpshooters Wipe Out, no more is necessary.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Bart,
    those will scratch your bore. use only the bronze brushes. As a matter of fact, I only use jags with patches and a cleaning rod which spins on ball bearings. If you use a good solvent like Sharpshooters Wipe Out, no more is necessary.
    My shotgun cleaning kit came with a very stiff nylon bristle bore brush. I've never used the nylon bristle either, have you? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    My shotgun cleaning kit came with a very stiff nylon bristle bore brush. I've never used the nylon bristle either, have you? Thanks.
    I've been using nylon bristle brushes exclusively now-a-days and haven't noted anything to indicate a problem. Most new guns are supplied with nylon bristle brushes by the manufacture. I figure they must be okay.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

I took an air compressor to my PT145, after I dripped some Gunzilla into the action, then I blew it out as best I could. CLEAN!!!! I love it. It looks like a new gun now!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

I make sure I clean my right after any malfunction...Figure it dirty enought to make it worth my time..J/K

I wuld love to say I vlen it every time I go to the reange, But I'm at the range alot so I clean it when time allows.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

I clean mine after each trip to the range, most of the time a good friend of mine and I go together. So normally we go, then come back and clean them in the garage while just chatting away about nothing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links