Defensive Carry banner

Homemade Gun Lube (Recipe)

31K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Zippy 
#1 · (Edited)
i like trying different cleaners,lubes,solvents,oils Etc. on my handguns,so i thought i'd share this one with you guys..i'm sure this one has been tried and discussed by other members here on the forum,but thought i'd post it for those who haven't.

(2) parts Mobil 1 full synthetic motor oil
(1) part Dexron transmission fluid
(1) part STP oil treatment

**just remember to change every 3000rds :smile:

#5 ·
Interesting you would decide on that recipe. The Armalite AR web site recommends, if you're out "under the wire" & have lost immediate access to modern, dedicated gun cleaning/lube products, there a lot to be said for cleaning with ATF (Dexron) and lubing with synthetic motor oil.

#9 ·
I had seen a recipe similar to this a few years ago, but didn't write it down to try it. Does it work well?

Edit. That was a dumb question, you wouldn't have posted it if it didn't work. Kindly disregard.

#16 ·
Just placed an order for Gunzilla, thanks to you guys:smile:Will see how it works on my 1911s and AR. Actually Ed's Red works fine and cheap, but that kerosene odor is pretty STRONG and it lingers around. The commander in chief starting to throw fits. i clean my FAs inside our room,hehehe.
best,
Joe

#18 ·
I saw that recipe in a recent tread here. Guy was writing about ATF and why it works better then most gun oils.

Tried Gunzilla for the first time tonight on my 1911, It works well.

Tip: Get a travel size hair spray bottle from Target to apply it. Otherwise you waist a lot of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.