Gunzilla question

Gunzilla question

This is a discussion on Gunzilla question within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Using it for the first time this morning on my M1 carbine, which I shot last Saturday and hadn't cleaned yet. I started at about ...

Thread: Gunzilla question

VIP Member

Gunzilla question

Using it for the first time this morning on my M1 carbine, which I shot last Saturday and hadn't cleaned yet. I started at about 9:30 this morning and am still not finished. I realize the directions say that the first cleaning may be slow, but I haven't owned this gun long and its been shoot twice and this is the third cleaning, counting its initial break down and cleaning before shooting it the first time. When I cleaned it the last time I used break free, which I thought had gotten everything out of the barrel after the firs 50 rounds of Remington fmjs. Last week I tested some corbon dpx .30 carbine and federal jsp 30 carbine(it like the corbon, didn't like the federal one bit, more on that later), along with shooting my S&W M66 and M60. I cleaned the revovlers but didn't have time to do the carbine. Anyway, have been run a dampened patch through, then the brsuh and then dry patches, and repeating several times. Then running a wet patch through and letting it sit for 20 minutes, and repeating the forementioned process, a lot of black coming out of that barrel, amazing. Is this normal the first time to take so long to get it clean?

Yes. That is exactly what I found with my guns the first time. I cleaned two previously cleaned guns (I thought anyway) and this stuff peeled away layers I didn't know where still there. I highly recommend it.

VIP Member
    I ended up putting some on a pach and am going to leave it overnight, after 4 hours of on and off again cleaning it was still coming out with fouling, I'll see if I can get it completely cleaned tomorrow morning. I amazed at how dirty it was after only 100 rounds total through this gun.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Anyway, have been run a dampened patch through, then the brsuh and then dry patches, and repeating several times. Then running a wet patch through and letting it sit for 20 minutes, and repeating the forementioned process, a lot of black coming out of that barrel, amazing. Is this normal the first time to take so long to get it clean?
    Normal? Well, it could be. I guess it depends on how "clean" you mean 'clean' is. Might grab a Snickers bar if you want a patch to come out as clean as it went in, but it's possible. Gunzilla is good stuff, and they make good on their claims. I know I'm an avid fan, and it's pretty much all I use now on all of my firearms.

VIP Member
    Ram Rod you may be right, I may be expecting too much from this stuff, but I am very impressed so far.

Links