I hate cleaning my gun

I hate cleaning my gun

This is a discussion on I hate cleaning my gun within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I LOVE to shoot. I HATE cleaning my gun. I try to clean it after every trip to the range. If I shoot 10 rounds ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I hate cleaning my gun

I LOVE to shoot. I HATE cleaning my gun. I try to clean it after every trip to the range. If I shoot 10 rounds or 100 rounds. Auto or revolver. Weve all seen the videos of the Glock being buried in sand at the bottom of the ocean and run over by a truck then immediatly cycle through two mags. Hell, maybe Ill never clean my G23 again.

How often do yall clean your weapon? I was wondering how often LEOs and military are required to clean their weapons.
    Happy cleaning!!!
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I make sure the one that might save my life is cleaned after each use.I also check it before I take it out and put it on.You're talking about my life and it can't be replaced!

I clean my gun each time it is fired. Like any machine it is imperative that one cleans their gun to preserve and maintain operational integrity. This translates into enhanced safety.

I dont mind cleaning my guns. Its all part of the shooting experience. While I am cleaning I usually put on some good music. By far wheel guns are much easier to clean. After a good and meticulous cleaning, my guns are once again ready to go.

I love cleaning my Glocks! Take 'em out, run 'em through the mill......the drill. Through the sweat and heat, I don't believe they can be beat. Like a good woman who will stand beside you to the very end and you know it. Take her home and make love to her the way she deserves it.
    On the other hand.........just go ahead and see how many rounds you can put through her before she gives up on you. Love it like it takes care of you unless you're heartless. Listen to her, never see her beg, don't dare hold her against her will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I love cleaning my Glocks! Take 'em out, run 'em through the mill......the drill. Through the sweat and heat, I don't believe they can be beat. Like a good woman who will stand beside you to the very end and you know it. Take her home and make love to her the way she deserves it.
    On the other hand.........just go ahead and see how many rounds you can put through her before she gives up on you. Love it like it takes care of you unless you're heartless. Listen to her, never see her beg, don't dare hold her against her will.
    Ram Rod, Did you make the GA (glocks anonymous) meeting this month. I believe your addicted.

No, Your right. I sure dont want my girl to give up on me. Ill clean her daily.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

My EDC's get cleaned every time they are fired, the rest depend on a few things. If I have only put a few rounds through them and know I will be firing them soon I will take them for a second session before cleaning them.

If you hate cleaning them I will suggest using Gunzilla on them as a cleaner and lube, it makes the task much easier.

Back to the EDC's, not only do I want my EDC to be running smoothly as possible, I do not want to handle or put a dirty gun in a good leather holster.

rk
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I love cleaning my Glock. I clean it after every trip out. I sometimes clean it just to clean it...even if it's not dirty.

VIP Member
    Handguns are easy and don't take long to clean at all. My AR is a bit more work. Both are still easy and I actually like to do it.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I clean my EDC everytime I go shooting. I rarely shoot less than 150 rds. though. Try Blue Wonder, it cleans while you rest.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I clean them every time I take them out shooting. If one has been sitting in the safe unfired for four or five months, I'll take it out and give it a good wiping down. Same goes for my EDC, I wipe it down once a week or so.

I use a little bit of gun oil on a cloth, then wipe that off with another clean cloth.

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Ram Rod, Did you make the GA (glocks anonymous) meeting this month. I believe your addicted.

No, Your right. I sure dont want my girl to give up on me. Ill clean her daily.
    I believe he is addicted. I copied this section out of Wikipedia. Note the reference to Glock addiction near the end.

This article is about the concept of addiction. For other uses, see Addiction (disambiguation).
    "-holic" and "-holism" redirect here: for them see wikt:holic and wikt:holism; distinguish them from the complete word "holism".
    "Addictive" redirects here. For other uses, see Addictive (disambiguation).

Heroin bottle
    The term "addiction" is used in many contexts to describe an obsession, compulsion, or excessive psychological dependence, such as: drug addiction (e.g. alcoholism), video game addiction, crime, money, work addiction, compulsive overeating, problem gambling, computer addiction, nicotine addiction, Glock addiction, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post

No, Your right. I sure don't want my girl to give up on me. Ill clean her daily.
    Don't do the GA meetings. Don't have to since I'm not in despair. I keep 'em all satisfied. Addiction is an influence on life. Glock is my life, so there is no influence, and hence no addiction. If any of them let me down, I know it's because I have let them down in one way or another. I cherish them all, and still one at a time. No jealousy, they've all slept with me, and there's no waiting in line. I'm feeling up my G23 right now. She looks good, she feels good, she's clean, and I'm game. We go skin on skin frequently. When I'm hot, she's hot. How could I not want? Mmmm.

Zen and the Art of Gun Cleaning by Kingdaddyoh. Yep, that shall be the name of my next book!
    Ain't no fun when the rabbit has a gun!

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    I believe he is addicted. I copied this section out of Wikipedia. Note the reference to Glock addiction near the end.

This article is about the concept of addiction. For other uses, see Addiction (disambiguation).
    "-holic" and "-holism" redirect here: for them see wikt:holic and wikt:holism; distinguish them from the complete word "holism".
    "Addictive" redirects here. For other uses, see Addictive (disambiguation).

Heroin bottle
    The term "addiction" is used in many contexts to describe an obsession, compulsion, or excessive psychological dependence, such as: drug addiction (e.g. alcoholism), video game addiction, crime, money, work addiction, compulsive overeating, problem gambling, computer addiction, nicotine addiction, Glock addiction, etc.
    Okay then. Obsession and compulsion I can deal with. I aint none of the rest of 'em. Addiction is out for sure okay? So long as we have an understanding.

Guns and my Harley get cleaned every time they are used .
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links