Gunzilla vs. Eezox? - Page 2

Gunzilla vs. Eezox?

This is a discussion on Gunzilla vs. Eezox? within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Gunzilla is all you need!!Great product.Makes cleaning simple,as it should be....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gunzilla vs. Eezox?

Gunzilla is all you need!!Great product.Makes cleaning simple,as it should be.

RMS
    I too, have drank the Gunzilla kool-aide and it tastes great!!!

Is Gunzilla safe for use on wood and/or polymer (plastic) grips?

wpk
    Quote Originally Posted by oldglockfan View Post
    Is Gunzilla safe for use on wood and/or polymer (plastic) grips?

I haven't tried it with wood, but it's fine on my polymer grips.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Yes as long as you wipe it dry after cleaning.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

I have been at this a long time and about 5 years ago settled on what the military match teams use and have been quite pleased with the results...until last week. After all the hype on this forum about this Gunzilla stuff I bought it to say "see just more hype"! Well I stand corrected! If I could only have one product Gunzilla would be it!

I don't think you can find a better or safer bore/action cleaner or overall treatment that leaves such a slick finish coat. I will still use Tw25B on my AR & M1 bolts and a few drops of FP-10 on 1911 barrels for extended range sessions but Gunzilla is the single best product I have used to date as a Cleaner Lubricant Preservative. Its night and day past Break-Free CLP or Shooters Choice.

I tried Eezox quite a few years ago and stopped because it seemed to make the bluing "cloudy" and left a finish that "grabbed".

Everyone, thanks for the tip on the Gunzilla product.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Quote Originally Posted by wpk View Post
    I haven't tried it with wood, but it's fine on my polymer grips.
    So on you polymers (or even those real metal guns) do you still use some lube before reassembly?

I just started using Gunzilla. I think the Hoppes #9 works as good, but just smells a lot worse. The Gunzilla does leave a slick coating unless you wipe it down good. I rather wipe my guns down good, and apply a drop of Hoppes lubricating oil to the slide rails on the frame and in the slide channels in the slide, the normal places that get friction. On Revolvers, I just clean with Gunzilla and wipe them down.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Another one for Gunzilla!!!

What a Great Product

Hey TapRackBang, I just received my order of Gunzilla, 16oz and 1.9oz spray bottle. I recently purchased my SA XD40 SC and got the Remoil, after reading the warning lable, and then reading the posts on this and other weapon forums I decided to switch to Gunzilla. What a great product, and the warning lable is really really really short.
    Thanks, another satisfied customer.

I'm a Gunzilla only user as well, have used all the other top brands including; Eezox/Break-Free CLP/Etc. Also, don't forget your knives.
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

Thx guys, appreciate the reviews...
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dairycreek View Post
    Just finished reading a very positive thread about Gunzilla. I have been a die hard user of Eezox for gun care. Can anybody compare these two products pro and con? Any and all comments welcome.
    Don't know about Eezox. Do know about Gunzilla. Just posted this on another thread.
    Gunzilla is the only thing you need to clean lube AND protect your gun. It has been an excellent cleaner from day one. All my clean guns were alot dirtier than I thought possible. Gunzilla got grime off of all my guns that I had thought were clean.
    I was reluctant to use it as a lube. After awhile I tried it. Adding a few drops on the slide & wear spots after cleaning checking the gun after each mag. No signs of wear and they seemed to run smoother.
    Finally I have gotten to running all my guns dry with only the film left from cleaning with Gunzilla. Even my AR which I always always ran wet with lube, I now run it dry. I have since learned that if you add lube after cleaning with Gunzilla the Gunzilla will break down the lube as it cuts grease and carbon. As I understand it they work against each other. TapRackBang probably has better insight and info about that.
    All I know is my guns have zero wear seem to run smoother and are easier to clean. I like it so much I buy it by the gallon, because I tend to stock pile supplies and ammo. Like ammo this is one product I do not want to run out of.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Do any local stores carry it or is it a on-line buy product only. I looked at Academy Sports, won't have a chance to get anywhere else for a few days.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

your local store can become a dealer if they wish. They need only contact Don Kettles at TopDuck Products, LLC - Creators of Gunzilla

Until then, if you wish to order online go to Gunzilla

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links