Gunzilla vs. Eezox?

This is a discussion on Gunzilla vs. Eezox? within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Originally Posted by Guardian Do any local stores carry it or is it a on-line buy product only. I looked at Academy Sports, won't have ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gunzilla vs. Eezox?

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Do any local stores carry it or is it a on-line buy product only. I looked at Academy Sports, won't have a chance to get anywhere else for a few days.
    If no one local will carry it TapRackBang does provide great service. He got me my gallon even though he does not carry the gallon size on his website. He gave me a call on Thursday as I recall did a special order and had it to me by Monday. My first bottle took two days which seems to be on par with what most members are saying is the turn around on their orders.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

Never heard of that stuff either, Gunzilla all the way!

What Gunzilla products does everyone use on Polymer pistols?

The spray or liquid?

After reading all the positive reviews, I am going to give it a try.

I have always used Hoppes 9 and Rem Oil. But, my wife hates the smell of Hoppes.

Haven't tried Gunzilla, but I've used Eezox happily and successfully on my polymer pistols for the past couple of years.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

As I've aged, and gun products have improved (yes, I think they've improved) my only two concerns are toxicity and lubricity.

I only have one "pretty gun" any more, and don't shoot it much, so am no longer as careful about cleaning and protecting.

Having said that, I have some Gunzilla on the way and can't wait to give it a shot.

EEZOX has been used by the military for years & the navy swears by it rust preventive, by using this product, It has worked for me also for years, & the smell is not as bad as people claim.

Gunzilla seems really expensive since you have to add $8 for shipping.

Shipping can be more than your order if you get the small size.

I guess I will just have to keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    Gunzilla seems really expensive since you have to add $8 for shipping.

Shipping can be more than your order if you get the small size.

I guess I will just have to keep looking.
    Definitely get the largest bottle you can and save on the shipping. Those of us who bought a small bottle to test have all come to regret it. As we all ended up paying shipping twice, because as soon as we tested it we were converts in need of a full size bottle. Good thing is Gunzilla seems to go a long way especially considering it is doing the job of three products. The longer you use it the less you need. Go ahead, buck up, pay the shipping you won't regret it, unless you buy the small bottle than of course you will have to pay shipping twice like the rest of us doubters
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

My Gunzilla arrived today. I really like this stuff and will stick with it. I went over my Kimber (cleaned 2 days ago) and the Gunzilla helped pick up more crud that was there. Now it is really clean!
    Kimber Custom TLE II, GLOCK 30SF, GLOCK 19C, Walther PK380
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro (Greyhound) Holster
    Mega Arms Billet AR-15's
    NRA Member

I think Gunzilla is the Glock of cleaners- lubricants.
    It takes some people longer to come around than others.

You will be surprised at the difference, take any thing you have used in the past and clean you guns, then clean them again with Gunzilla.

Like I said in an earlier thread, nothing else compairs.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I just ordered my Gunzilla today ....... cant wait till it gets here to try it out !

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    FROG LUBE

Smells like wintergreen.

My cans of Breakfree, Hoppe's, Remington and all the rest - that stuff is relegated to general household and automotive missions now. Gun actions are slick as fresh spit and haven't noticed any rust, but I'm generally pretty diligent about gun care regardless of the product in question.

I can't say enough about what Frog Lube does for folding knives. Much less lint and sticky, gluey, tape'y junk hanging around.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast
    and this stuff is definitely slick

Just got my Gunzilla today... Can't quite place the smell... Seems very thin. Seems to coat quite well... Way too soon to tell if it's effective. Also, just ordered Frog Lube. Call me a CLP junkie!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBachman View Post
    ...Call me a CLP junkie!
    Looks like a hopeless case!
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    FROG LUBE

Smells like wintergreen.

My cans of Breakfree, Hoppe's, Remington and all the rest - that stuff is relegated to general household and automotive missions now. Gun actions are slick as fresh spit and haven't noticed any rust, but I'm generally pretty diligent about gun care regardless of the product in question.

I can't say enough about what Frog Lube does for folding knives. Much less lint and sticky, gluey, tape'y junk hanging around.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast
    and this stuff is definitely slick
    I just wanted give you a heads up on froglube there is a more complete MSDS on froglube that shows more stuff in it one ingredient that is not good I'll try to find it and post it. And I have yet to get any answers from the manufacturer after several E-mails and phone calls. And as far as finding any test results Private or gov there are none to be found just hear say.

I could not find what I was looking for but if I remember right it was some Polyalpha-Olefin stuff I wish I could find it oh well.

The only thing I found with froglube after using it for awhile on two guns it worked fine on a steel 1911 except it seemed like it collected a lot of gunk but it cleaned off really easy.
    And when used on a SS handgun I started to experience malfunctions the first range trip. I had about 3700 rds thru this gun with out any problems And after putting froglube on I had three FTF and one FTE in the first 42 rds. I have now removed the froglube and used Weaponshield and after two range trips for a total of 600 rds has been Flawless.

And the only other thing I noticed is the Liquid separates in the bottle pretty fast.
    I don't know what that could mean when it's on your gun?
    The only other thing is I don't believe in heating my guns up, thru talking to a few Metallurgists experts that is useless and does nothing, except it can weakening the metal if you are not careful.

Froglube may be good but As I mentioned before there are no iron clad testing that I can find and I can not get a Response from the x Navy SEAL who promotes it.
    I believe his name is Lasky. I really don't disbelieve him I just haven't seen anything to back it up,except for a lot of internet chatter.
    Sorry I guess this is not a froglube thread!
    Last edited by eagleeye; September 16th, 2011 at 09:19 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links