Gunzilla vs. Eezox?

This is a discussion on Gunzilla vs. Eezox? within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Originally Posted by JBachman Just got my Gunzilla today... Can't quite place the smell... Seems very thin. Seems to coat quite well... Way too soon ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gunzilla vs. Eezox?

Quote Originally Posted by JBachman View Post
    Just got my Gunzilla today... Can't quite place the smell... Seems very thin. Seems to coat quite well... Way too soon to tell if it's effective. Also, just ordered Frog Lube. Call me a CLP junkie!
    Will be interested in your comparisons though I have a good ten year supply of Gunzilla on hand

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
    I just wanted give you a heads up on froglube there is a more complete MSDS on froglube that shows more stuff in it one ingredient that is not good I'll try to find it and post it. And I have yet to get any answers from the manufacturer after several E-mails and phone calls. And as far as finding any test results Private or gov there are none to be found just hear say.
    Most all gun cleaners have some degree of toxicity. With Gunzilla being the exception. One of the reasons I like it, not that I am especially an green tree hugger but non toxic environmentally safe is a nice plus for something that cleans and lubricates better than all the rest combined.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

I really wanna like Gunzilla... And maybe I just don't understand exactly how it works. I am certainly familiar with petroleum based CLP products. Take my M&P 40c for example. On the slide rails on the frame, I would traditionally use a little grease. Also around the muzzle as well as around the breech end of the barrel where is contacts the slide. The Gunzilla... to me, seems too thin to stay put. Like I said, I really want to like it... Any Gunzilla fans have any insight for me?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

OK... So let me start off by saying I am not a scientist nor an engineer. I am not affiliated with ANY firearms lubricant manufacturer. I am NOT a distributor of ANY firearms lubricant.

With that out of the way, I have been doing several hours of research on Bio-Based food grade lubricants. My number one concern WAS that traditional petroleum based products have EP/AW (Extreme pressure/Anti-wear) ratings. These are indicative of the products resistance to wear and pressure. Now, I do not presume to know what Gunzilla or Frog Lube is made of or contains or its makeup. However, I found a site that does not appear to be a manufacturer, but rather a supplier of bio-based lubricants. They list several products such a food-grade lubrication products that exceed EP/AW standards. Including gear oil that has an outstanding extreme pressure rating. Further they have a firearm specific product line that meets certain mil-spec standards, including anti-corrosion.

With further research, bio-based lubes are pretty popular and catching on for other applications... hydraulic elevator oil, chainsaw bar oil just to name a few. I feel much better about using these products on my firearms. I am not trying to persuade anyone to use either of these products, just trying to inform.

I really wanna like Gunzilla... And maybe I just don't understand exactly how it works. I am certainly familiar with petroleum based CLP products. Take my M&P 40c for example. On the slide rails on the frame, I would traditionally use a little grease. Also around the muzzle as well as around the breech end of the barrel where is contacts the slide. The Gunzilla... to me, seems too thin to stay put. Like I said, I really want to like it... Any Gunzilla fans have any insight for me?
    Gunzilla does dry leaving a thin film. If it makes you feel better you can put a few drops on the gun where you use grease and leave it wet. You may try what I did as I was unsure of Gunzilla lubricating abilities. So I cleaned and lubricated my gun with only Gunzilla than took them to the range. Fired a few rounds broke them down looked for any wear. Found none. Than fired an entire mag through each gun checked again for any signs of wear. Found none, but the guns seemed to run smoother quieter and noticeably cooler. I now have several hundred rounds through each of my guns, shotguns, rifles .308s, 30-06, 45-70, .22s, ARs and pistols .380, 9mms .45s I can tell you that little Gunzilla film does a lot better than a dab of grease on the slide rails or quarts of motor oil in the bolt carrier of the AR ever did. All my guns runs smoother cooler more reliably with just Gunzilla than any other product or group of products. If Gunzilla's cleaning properties are great than its lubricating properties are magnificent.

But don't take my word for it test it yourself use only Gunzilla to clean and lubricate. Fire a single mag through each of your guns. Check them after every mag until you are comfortable that Gunzilla does or does not do what it claims. Be sure to get back with us and share your results

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Gunzilla does dry leaving a thin film. If it makes you feel better you can put a few drops on the gun where you use grease and leave it wet. You may try what I did as I was unsure of Gunzilla lubricating abilities. So I cleaned and lubricated my gun with only Gunzilla than took them to the range. Fired a few rounds broke them down looked for any wear. Found none. Than fired an entire mag through each gun checked again for any signs of wear. Found none, but the guns seemed to run smoother quieter and noticeably cooler. I now have several hundred rounds through each of my guns, shotguns, rifles .308s, 30-06, 45-70, .22s, ARs and pistols .380, 9mms .45s I can tell you that little Gunzilla film does a lot better than a dab of grease on the slide rails or quarts of motor oil in the bolt carrier of the AR ever did. All my guns runs smoother cooler more reliably with just Gunzilla than any other product or group of products. If Gunzilla's cleaning properties are great than its lubricating properties are magnificent.

But don't take my word for it test it yourself use only Gunzilla to clean and lubricate. Fire a single mag through each of your guns. Check them after every mag until you are comfortable that Gunzilla does or does not do what it claims. Be sure to get back with us and share your results
    I am currently detail stripping my new SIG and thoroughly applying Gunzilla inside & out. I keep coming back to it, I don't know why. I am a proof seeking kinda guy, and as much as I enjoy reading all the positive feedback regarding Gunzilla over in the sandbox, and here and there, or people saying "just try it", I really would like to see some ASTM type testing done on this product. If it passes or surpasses other products, the all the more good. I am NOT implying that Gunzilla does not have all the qualities the manufacturer says it does, I would just like to see some tangible proof. I can see it is the best cleaner I have used. I can measure that. Wear... theat's another story. I think that would be kind of subjective. Water will lubricate. Not very long, but it will.

For a very long time, when it comes to firearms lubricants,I have always had the mindset that if I can see it, it's there and working. I have always put grease on the slide and frame rails and so on.

For a very long time, when it comes to firearms lubricants,I have always had the mindset that if I can see it, it's there and working. I have always put grease on the slide and frame rails and so on.
    Just occurred to me that as I grow older many things I believed to be true weren't. Just because we used to believe that our guns had to be greasy and oily to be lubricated does not mean it is true. Imagine how difficult it must have been for our soldiers in combat to accept that they did not need to pack quarts of motor oil on them to pour into their ARs Curious have you tried it yet? What were your results? I would suggest NOT using any grease. My understanding is that Gunzilla will work against the grease by breaking it down.

Of course I've tried it. I own a 4 oz bottle of it. I am not the type to sit back and comment on or judge a product which I have not even tried. As far as performance, it seems to me, IMO, to evaporate from the outside of my pistols. Is there an invisible layer still there, dunno. Maybe. And like I said in my earlier post, I am of the mindset that I have to see it to know its there. That's something I too need to get over as well. I also would like to see some ASTM type testing provided to document its anti-wear characteristics. I email Don, he said it is not a priority right now, it just works. If he gets enough requests, he might spend the money. And to anyone thinking about posting, what about the soldiers who use it, bla, bla, bla... I am a former Ranger, do you seriously think I would try a new chest plate without some kind of testing? Hell no.

Of course I've tried it. I own a 4 oz bottle of it. I am not the type to sit back and comment on or judge a product which I have not even tried.
    Reason I asked is you've asked about the lubrication qualities of Gunzilla on several threads. As I recall I made some suggestions or explained how I tested it. We can read all the stats, reports, studies we want but for me the only way for me to really know is to see it with my own eyes. So how did it work for you without using other lubrication? Any signs of wear? Gun over heating? After using it I am confident I know it seems contrary but that thin little film has kept my guns running cool and smooth without a single failure of any kind for two years as of this week actually. What about yours?

Seems ok... But I am using it on four brand new SIG's all purchased the same day. So I'm sure any wear I'm seeing is the slide and rails breaking in...

Seems ok... But I am using it on four brand new SIG's all purchased the same day. So I'm sure any wear I'm seeing is the slide and rails breaking in..
    I'm sure you are right about the wear you are seeing being par for the course.
    To bad we did not think of it before. It might have been interesting to do some comparison testing. Clean and lube two the conventional way use whatever you used to clean and lube the other two with only Gunzilla. See if there is a noticeable difference.

It does occur to me that during the break in of bikes and cars heat and friction to some degree is desirable. To help parts mate and seat properly. So I have always used standard dino oil during break in. Than switch to high performance oil once break in is completed. Wonder if the same is true with guns. Maybe TapRackBang or someone else a gunsmith or armorer could weigh in on that.

New gun owner here. Where is Gunzilla made?

Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    I have been at this a long time and about 5 years ago settled on what the military match teams use and have been quite pleased with the results...until last week. After all the hype on this forum about this Gunzilla stuff I bought it to say "see just more hype"! Well I stand corrected! If I could only have one product Gunzilla would be it!

I don't think you can find a better or safer bore/action cleaner or overall treatment that leaves such a slick finish coat. I will still use Tw25B on my AR & M1 bolts and a few drops of FP-10 on 1911 barrels for extended range sessions but Gunzilla is the single best product I have used to date as a Cleaner Lubricant Preservative. Its night and day past Break-Free CLP or Shooters Choice.

I tried Eezox quite a few years ago and stopped because it seemed to make the bluing "cloudy" and left a finish that "grabbed".

Everyone, thanks for the tip on the Gunzilla product.
    So, after 20 months and some long shooting sessions with Gunzilla in my AR's, M1, 870 and all my pistols I still say it's the best all around cleaner. Their cooper remover is simply superior to any I have ever used and I am pretty fussy about what goes down my $300.00 cut rifled Kreiger's (and I have tried a pile of em).

However, I am even more convinced that it does not have the lubrication properties/abilities of the Tw25B products so I will continue to use them.
    I find it about even with FP-10 and still superior to Break-Free CLP.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Quote Originally Posted by abillb View Post
    New gun owner here. Where is Gunzilla made?
    USA, for more specific information you can contact Don Kettles at

TopDuck Products, LLC
    PO Box 80466
    Lansing, MI 48908
    info@topduckproducts.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links