carry gun cleaning question

This is a discussion on carry gun cleaning question within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Originally Posted by TapRackBang I hate todo this cuz its gonna sound like a shameless plug..But its true so it should help with your problem. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: carry gun cleaning question

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    I hate todo this cuz its gonna sound like a shameless plug..But its true so it should help with your problem.

Oil attracts dust and lint, More oil attracts more. Gunzilla is non-ionic and does not attract dust. Try gunzilla & I'll bet your problem goes away.
    True story! I hadnt noticed it until I saw this post. I just checked and there is no lent or dust in the barrel. I cleaned it 2 weeks ago with Gunzilla. It would start to collect after one day of carry. Great stuff!

2. Remove Ads

I agree with the other here. Closed end holster if at all possible and the less oil used the better.
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

I'm also a Gunzilla convert. Cleaning gets easier after the second or third time using it on a weapon. It doesn't get as dirty when you shoot and it cleans up much easier. I pocket carry a lot and I have noticed a huge difference in my lint problem...I don't have one anymore.

I thoroughly cleaned my S&W 442 Thursday after a range session and I've pocket carried it for 2 days. I just pulled it out of my pocket and there's not a spec on it. Before, when I used rem oil, it would have been covered. My guns were like lint rollers for the insides of my pockets. Now, clean as a whistle.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    I hate todo this cuz its gonna sound like a shameless plug..But its true so it should help with your problem.

Oil attracts dust and lint, More oil attracts more. Gunzilla is non-ionic and does not attract dust. Try gunzilla & I'll bet your problem goes away.
    No shame it pointing out why Gunzilla is the best gun cleaner known to man. Not attracting dirt dust lint or carbon seems like one of the big benefits of Gunzilla. Gunzilla not only cleans it helps keep your gun clean.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

While "Gunzilla" usage seems to be the conventional wisdom today, I'll just note that for the past 40 years I have been using a lube & rust preventative product that was developed for our US Navy in 1944 & designed to protect all metal surfaces from corrosive salt water, other POLs, & the dreaded rust. That product is called "FLUID FILM", which I have found to be far superior to anything that I have ever used in the cleaning & maintenance of all my firearms. Its lubrication & protective properties are such that I have had no malfunctions in any extreme environment I subjected my weaponry, and its protection last for many months....and the best part.....it's cheap & can be found on the shelves of any John Deere Tractor & Farm Equipment Dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by tkirk View Post
    "FLUID FILM"
    Amazing four posts and two of them exactly the same. Are you a Fluid Film shill? Sure looks like it. I suspect that you are making comparisons to a product you know nothing about, have never seen, have never tried.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links