Just a minor recommendation

This is a discussion on Just a minor recommendation within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I have really enjoyed this forum and it is quite addictive. However, now that I have used it for a while and I am on ...

Thread: Just a minor recommendation

I have really enjoyed this forum and it is quite addictive. However, now that I have used it for a while and I am on multiple times a day, I have a recommendation to make this site a little better. I utilize the new post button all the time it is quite effective. It would be nice if on the initial listing page next to the the thread author to have the date of the new thread post.
    This would help my small brain determine if i have read this thread before.

Please dont hurt me.

Also be able to edit the post title for spelling would be good too. LOL
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

You might want to ask one of the Admins about this stuff.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Thought this was the place to ask this question. If not Mods; please delete.
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington

Administrator
    You can edit post titles; hit edit, then "go advanced". You'll see it and figure it out from there.
    "Just blame Sixto"

When I'm finished reading the forum, I hit "all forums read". Then when I come back, I simply refresh the page and everything new has the new post icon.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

AZ, do you mean a new post to an existing thread. Im looking to have the initial thread date. In other words the title of the post may be interesting but after reading it i may not be interested in it. Another thread my have a close title so the date would be important. also some times their is a new post to an old thread that a may not be intersted in. Listen this is a great communitiy and this is really minor. just trying to help.

DC Founder
    Unfortunately, the functions you are asking to be modified are handled by the forum script. While we have made some modifications to this code, they have all been through supported "canned" modifications that someone else has programmed and made available to vBulletin license owners. I don't make custom modifications in the code anymore since it requires re-coding every time there is an update to the forum script.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links