Please be Civil When Talking About Other Members' Home States - Page 2

Please be Civil When Talking About Other Members' Home States

This is a discussion on Please be Civil When Talking About Other Members' Home States within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Sorry, but I disagree with many of New York's and California's laws on guns. Consider it what you will, but I wouldn't live in either ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry, but I disagree with many of New York's and California's laws on guns. Consider it what you will, but I wouldn't live in either of those states due to the laws they have on guns as well as in several other areas. You love it, good for you.... but it wouldn't be for me. Now, that's just my opinion. I don't think that's bashing, that's just a fact for me. Politically, I don't agree with about any of the politicians that they elect either. So, obviously I"m not in line-step with the mentality of the citizens that elect them. Again, that's just a fact.... and my opinion.

Uh, you really can't expect that just because you love it, everyone else will agree. Different strokes for different folks. I don't see how that has anything to do with you personally.

That’s it. I needed to get that off my chest, I’m sure there will be lots of responses.
    You're correct IMHO. And yes, the Hudson is gorgeous!

Count me in as one of the guilty of saying maybe not so nice things about states that have restrictive firearm laws.

My wife happens to be from Illinois and I have made bad remarks about their state, laws and law makers.

I will refrain from throwing jabs at any state or it's laws. Good post, it probably needed saying and it was, in a nice sort of way as well.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree with many of New York's and California's laws on guns. Consider it what you will, but I wouldn't live in either of those states due to the laws they have on guns as well as in several other areas. You love it, good for you.... but it wouldn't be for me. Now, that's just my opinion. I don't think that's bashing, that's just a fact for me. Politically, I don't agree with about any of the politicians that they elect either. So, obviously I"m not in line-step with the mentality of the citizens that elect them. Again, that's just a fact.... and my opinion.

Uh, you really can't expect that just because you love it, everyone else will agree. Different strokes for different folks. I don't see how that has anything to do with you personally.
    You are correct, that you can criticize that a particular state's laws are too restrictive for you, and you certainly have a right to express disapproval, and your hesitancy to live in such a state.

All I was asking is that your disapproval be in polite terms. There are so many words in the English language to express disdain without going "over the edge". This is not a personal rebuttal, just an observation!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    I can understand how someone could get tired of hearing people say negative things about their state because of its laws/politicians. I get tired of hearing criticisms about things I agree with or enjoy. If members are hurling these criticisms at the person for living in the state because of the state's laws, then that needs to cease. If I've done that to anyone in this personal fashion on here, I apologize and I don't remember doing it.

I'm not trying to be rude or slam you Jon in saying what I'm about to say either. I enjoy your posts and seeing you on the forum.

Just IMO....I think that people don't need to be offended by someone criticizing their state.
    Its not directed at a person, but rather at the laws/politicians.
    If you didn't write the laws and the politicians aren't your family, then let it roll off.
    If you like to live there....great....have at it. If people say you should move, etc, blow it off, let them babble. If you know you want to stay there and like where you live then...well I can't type what I want to say due to forum rules...lets just say they can't take a long leap off a short pier.

If others want to criticize, let them criticize...its you that have to or choose to live there and you like it, who cares what others say?
    Of course, this doesn't mean people can use vulgar language or break other forum rules in doing so. I don't think bashing a state, state's laws, or state's politicians violates forum rules, but you're right about it being aimed at a member here.

Do you like the plane in your avatar? great, you're the one that will use it. If I don't like the color of the stripes or think the plane is ugly...guess what...I don't have to fly in it or look at it.
    I get tired of hearing people bash Glocks, oh well, I like the price, the way it shoots and mine are all rock solid dependable....I couldn't care less if some 1911 guru in Washington, California, New York or Kansas doesn't like Glocks or if they don't like Texas laws or politicians.

Again Jon, I agree....people need to be civil on here and not direct their criticism of the state's laws and politicians by hurling insults at the individual that lives in said state.
    wow that was way longer than I expected it to be
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    Its not directed at a person, but rather at the laws/politicians.
    Yes, I know it was not a personal attack, and I never took it as such. But some of the adjectives used to describe NY have been downright nasty.

I have refrained from repeating them here, because I really don't want to stir up the pot. If any DC members are interested, I can certainly point them to some of these threads.

It just irks me, that people would choose to use such language instead of finding better ways to describe resentment towards laws and politics.

I guess I'm just a sensitive puppy.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Yes, I know it was not a personal attack, and I never took it as such. But some of the adjectives used to describe NY have been downright nasty.

I have refrained from repeating them here, because I really don't want to stir up the pot. If any DC members are interested, I can certainly point them to some of these threads.

It just irks me, that people would choose to use such language instead of finding better was to describe resentment towards laws and politics.

I guess I'm just a sensitive puppy.
    nah, you're not a sensitive puppy,

some people need to think about what they are going to say and the purpose and aim of their comments too
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links