Member Testimonials...New forum and / or thread suggestion.

This is a discussion on Member Testimonials...New forum and / or thread suggestion. within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I don't mean to make more work for you, but I think fact checked testimonials could really stand on their own, and sometimes the replies ...

Thread: Member testimonials...New forum and / or thread suggestion.

Member testimonials...New forum and / or thread suggestion.

I don't mean to make more work for you, but I think fact checked testimonials could really stand on their own, and sometimes the replies diminish the importance of the experience. It would be a no reply post area. Just a member sharing their first hand experience in their own words, and those posts could serve to highlight the virtue of CC.

I think it would be interesting to read posts from members who experienced a SD situation, say a year later. It might include additional work by the admins, but only stories that are verified privately (maybe a scan of the police report that the admin would use to verify the truth of the story, but would not share publicly).

If someone did want to reply about the post, they could always post a new thread in a different forum, and link the post. Naturally, first hand posts in other forums, with supportive replies would continue, and are important.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a decent idea. It gets my vote.

I also understand if has too much hassles to be doable, but on it's surface, sounds great.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

DC Founder
    It would be interesting but I am not sure there would be enough activity (people having experiences that are verifiable) to adequately fill a forum. If members want to try it, initially, stories can be emailed to me, through the forum, along with police reports and I will check them and post them. If we get enough activity I will create a permanent home for them....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links