Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A reminder about our rules

3K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  razor02097 
#1 ·
We have, over the past few weeks, been getting more personal attacks and adult language that are contrary to our rules. I would like to remind everyone that our rules are meant to keep things civil in a forum with people with a lot of different backgrounds and experience levels.

If you cannot post without calling names, attacking a person or using language outside our rules I would invite you to simply not post or take it to another forum. Most of this type of rule infraction comes from members that are new to the forum, but some, clearly, come from those that should know better.

Every year we require our membership to agree to our rules before being able to post. While this may seem a pain to many of you, it will, hopefully, keep many others out of trouble. I am about to reset the system to require that agreement.

#5 ·
Thank you.

#6 ·
Fair enough. I will remember this in future posts. Thank you

#8 ·
The rules enforced by this Forum are a benefit to all members. It is one reason I enjoy this Forum so much. We are all linked by the cc interest, and should treat each other with respect. :congrats:

#9 ·
I absolutely agree. I lurked on this forum for probably 3 weeks before I even registered. I did so after determining that this was a group of adults that I wanted to associate with.

Steve

#10 · (Edited)
Hmmm, I seem to have missed all the excitement. I guess that's because The Staff has been doing an exemplary job!

As always, kudos to Bumper and the excellent group of moderators.

#13 · (Edited)
Much appreciate the update on the rules:read1:
Gotta' love a quiet place to share:haus7:, learn :hand9:, and laugh:lolp:.

Thanks for the site!:adore:

#17 ·
forum rules said:
12. Those using, or attempting to use, an anonymous proxy to either register or access this forum will be banned, without notice, warning or discussion.
I'm no computer wiz and this may be a stupid question but....
how would I know a computer I am using is using a proxy and if it is how would I know it isn't anonymous? Mostly talking about accessing forum through computers out and about during travel.

Thanks in advance

#18 ·
I would guess that 99% of those using an anonymous proxy server are knowingly doing so. They are used to "anonymize" a user. The way you will know it on this forum is that you will not be allowed in. If one is found that we do not already know about, we will add it to the denied connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.