Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapatalk ...bad form DC!

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  CopperKnight 
#1 ·
So I login to Defensivecarry on my iPhone and a little popup says, "This forum is compatible with Tapatalk, check the app store to find out more." Essentially it's this app that makes forums easier to navigate/read on the iPhone. I'm sold, especially since one of the forums I frequent the most is on them.

But I can't find it on the database? What gives? I did a search for tapatalk on here and couldn't even find one mention of it. I'm not sure if it is DC or tapatalk but bad form if I can't ultimately use it for browsing forums I've actually heard of...
:confused:

#5 ·
For us old fogies..... What's Tapatalk?

#10 ·
Use you cell phone to text on gun forums while driving or while shooting.

Don't you multi-task?
While driving, shooting, eating a burger & balancing a coffee cup on my knee....it's hard to text as well........plus, my texting skills are abysmal.

#9 ·
I'm not sure if it is DC or tapatalk but bad form if I can't ultimately use it for browsing forums I've actually heard of...:confused:
Wow. I install something, which I don't use, by member request, and I get "bad form" complaints when their process doesn't work as it's supposed to. Maybe I should just uninstall their script....

By the way, before someone buys it and blames us for it's failings. I had not heard of them before late last night. I do not recommend the Tapatalk software, nor that of BerryBlab, which we also have. If you have a bad experience, problems connecting with it, ultimately get screwed, it isn't my doing. I cannot debug them if either has problems and, if we experience problems because of them, they will be removed.

#11 ·
I have seen a couple of issues with it since I started using it last night, but that is the interface, not anything Bumper could fix.

Tapatalk is pretty new and the interaction with the forums, (not just this one) will get better. Don't fault Bumper.

#12 ·
It's up and working as of around 10:00PM EST last night.

Everybody please note, BUMPER HAS NOTHING to do really with anybody on tapatalk... all he did was install something on the backend on his side to allow tapatalk to access these boards.... that's pretty much how it works.

Any complaints about tapatalk should be taken to their forums and they are VERY good at implementing fixes, they are already on their 4th or 5th edition.

I mean for me, it's pretty nice for quick posting, I can quote, PM, etc.

If you have an iphone and are jailbroken like me, YOU CAN GET TAPATALK FREE! Don't pay for it.

If you are not jailbroken and are using tapatalk RQ (the free version) you cannot do certain features like reply etc.

Anyways, if you ARE jailbroken and would like info on how to get all apps free (VERY VERY SIMPLE) just shoot me a message and I'll give ya instructions.

I don't think there is an app on the app store that you can't get free... if this isn't your thing, well then you shouldn't be jailbroken anyways.

Again, remember folks, Bumper is helping us all out here by allowing tapatalk to work on these forums. I mean if you don't like it, don't use it, it's not required. But for me, I'm greatly thankful as I REALLY enjoy tapatalk while I'm at work, makes it quick and easy for me.

Bumper has NOTHING to do with how the program works.

Thank you very much Bumper.

#14 ·
If you have an iphone and are jailbroken like me, YOU CAN GET TAPATALK FREE! Don't pay for it.
Because $3 is a ridiculous amount of money to pay someone for something they spent a lot of work creating. :icon_rolleyes:

And btw, jailbreaking your iPhone does have a downside. The process necessarily bypasses a lot of the phone's security. There have been at least 3 attacks in the wild that infect only jailbroken iPhones. One of them was via SMS... you didn't even have to do anything to get infected by it.

I think I'll continue to cough up the $1 to $5 for most apps. lol

#13 ·
Mine is for Android, but my results are the same as Miller.
Again, Bumper has no control over what happens; he simply "unlocks a door" for tapatalk to gain entry. Any issues are not his problem. Complain to him and this function will go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.