Tapatalk ...bad form DC!

Tapatalk ...bad form DC!

This is a discussion on Tapatalk ...bad form DC! within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; So I login to Defensivecarry on my iPhone and a little popup says, "This forum is compatible with Tapatalk, check the app store to find ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk ...bad form DC!

Tapatalk ...bad form DC!

So I login to Defensivecarry on my iPhone and a little popup says, "This forum is compatible with Tapatalk, check the app store to find out more." Essentially it's this app that makes forums easier to navigate/read on the iPhone. I'm sold, especially since one of the forums I frequent the most is on them.

But I can't find it on the database? What gives? I did a search for tapatalk on here and couldn't even find one mention of it. I'm not sure if it is DC or tapatalk but bad form if I can't ultimately use it for browsing forums I've actually heard of...

I agree haha.

The popup is new as of an hour or so for me, they might have activated the admin side, tapatalk might still be updating the database, I'd give them a couple more hours.

I bought the app, too. Still waiting for it to hit the list...
    Knowing is half the battle.

I just logged in on my iPhone and didn't get a notification. Were, either way I don't think it's hard to navigate.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

VIP Member
    For us old fogies..... What's Tapatalk?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Tapatalk - iPhone Android Nokia BlackBerry forum app for vBulletin phpBB IPBoard SMF

Use you cell phone to text on gun forums while driving or while shooting.

Don't you multi-task?
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I just D/L'ed for my droid. gonna try it. (like I need to spend more time on the forums)
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Never thought I would ever say this,but the kids today talk in a language I can't understand,It's really uncool and not very groovy man
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakestr View Post
    I'm not sure if it is DC or tapatalk but bad form if I can't ultimately use it for browsing forums I've actually heard of...
    Wow. I install something, which I don't use, by member request, and I get "bad form" complaints when their process doesn't work as it's supposed to. Maybe I should just uninstall their script....

By the way, before someone buys it and blames us for it's failings. I had not heard of them before late last night. I do not recommend the Tapatalk software, nor that of BerryBlab, which we also have. If you have a bad experience, problems connecting with it, ultimately get screwed, it isn't my doing. I cannot debug them if either has problems and, if we experience problems because of them, they will be removed.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post

Don't you multi-task?
    While driving, shooting, eating a burger & balancing a coffee cup on my knee....it's hard to text as well........plus, my texting skills are abysmal.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I have seen a couple of issues with it since I started using it last night, but that is the interface, not anything Bumper could fix.

Tapatalk is pretty new and the interaction with the forums, (not just this one) will get better. Don't fault Bumper.

It's up and working as of around 10:00PM EST last night.

Everybody please note, BUMPER HAS NOTHING to do really with anybody on tapatalk... all he did was install something on the backend on his side to allow tapatalk to access these boards.... that's pretty much how it works.

Any complaints about tapatalk should be taken to their forums and they are VERY good at implementing fixes, they are already on their 4th or 5th edition.

I mean for me, it's pretty nice for quick posting, I can quote, PM, etc.

If you have an iphone and are jailbroken like me, YOU CAN GET TAPATALK FREE! Don't pay for it.

If you are not jailbroken and are using tapatalk RQ (the free version) you cannot do certain features like reply etc.

Anyways, if you ARE jailbroken and would like info on how to get all apps free (VERY VERY SIMPLE) just shoot me a message and I'll give ya instructions.

I don't think there is an app on the app store that you can't get free... if this isn't your thing, well then you shouldn't be jailbroken anyways.

Again, remember folks, Bumper is helping us all out here by allowing tapatalk to work on these forums. I mean if you don't like it, don't use it, it's not required. But for me, I'm greatly thankful as I REALLY enjoy tapatalk while I'm at work, makes it quick and easy for me.

Bumper has NOTHING to do with how the program works.

Thank you very much Bumper.

Mine is for Android, but my results are the same as Miller.
    Again, Bumper has no control over what happens; he simply "unlocks a door" for tapatalk to gain entry. Any issues are not his problem. Complain to him and this function will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Millerb7 View Post
    If you have an iphone and are jailbroken like me, YOU CAN GET TAPATALK FREE! Don't pay for it.
    Because $3 is a ridiculous amount of money to pay someone for something they spent a lot of work creating.

And btw, jailbreaking your iPhone does have a downside. The process necessarily bypasses a lot of the phone's security. There have been at least 3 attacks in the wild that infect only jailbroken iPhones. One of them was via SMS... you didn't even have to do anything to get infected by it.

I think I'll continue to cough up the $1 to $5 for most apps. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Tapatalk - iPhone Android Nokia BlackBerry forum app for vBulletin phpBB IPBoard SMF

Don't you multi-task?

I don't know how many times I've scolded my sister for texting and driving.
    There's a good reason they're making it illegal in more and more states.
    When you plow your car through a red-light and cause an accident I hope they throw the book at you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links