Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

not a mod, but I feel it needs to be said.....

3K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  Bark'n 
#1 ·
I posted this in a thread that was discussing which shall issue state was most restrictive about where one can carry.
I was motivated to post it due to my observation of some people on here getting too worked up in their posts, and displaying attitudes that really detract from the good atmosphere this website maintains.

(moderator imitation on)
It seems we're getting more and more posts on here that are like people putting chips on their shoulders and being smart you-know-whats with their posts/replies, and having a whizzing contest with their information. Its not one person, its several, not only in this thread but in several sections I've seen lately.
We don't need that stuff on our forum, info can be shared and points be made without the attitude. Its in our forum rules for a reason....we have one of the best sites on the net and we need to keep the family atmosphere on here without the stuff thats been seen on here lately.
(moderator imitation off)

People, please take a second before you post and not write with an emotional response or trying to be the "winner". We can all share info and help each other, even make our points and show our opinions without the contests, insults, and attitudes. This is what makes us really different than other sites out there.

64zebra

See less See more
#3 ·
I'll add to this by saying that we can't be everywhere and in the event anyone sees a post that is questionable, please use the report post icon located on the left side of the screen. It looks like this:

We try to be fair and not too uptight, but this is the second thread of this flavor in a couple weeks, and if we have to start cracking down it's not going to be fun. We try to keep the trouble makers/trolls/chest thumping to a minimum, but we can't view every post in every thread.

Along the same lines as the post above, please see the BIG RED LINK in my signature and this thread: Leave your attitudes at the door

#13 ·
Thanks JD. From now on I will use the link you showed in such a case. I thought I read the rules. I guessed I missed it, my bad. Thanks all!

#5 ·
+1 use the report function....cut the mickey mouse junk

#7 ·
Things do seem to run in cycles and we seem to be in one now. As JD said, we don't see every post that needs attention. Our members are usually very good at pointing out where a problem is developing so we can take care of it. I was hoping that triggering the re-agreement of our rules would prompt a thorough reading of the rules but I guess those that cause the problem rarely take the time to really read them and comply.

We very much appreciate those of you that take responsibility for yourself, adhere to the rules and let us know when something is brewing. The rest need need to follow the example of those that want to help preserve the family atmosphere the forum provides.

#8 ·
Thanks for saying it 64zebra. I read a reply from a member that should know better than be a wise guy, to a newer member that asked a very good question that I think would apply to anyone of us who work everyday. Rather than going with my thoughts at the moment and getting in the in mud, I moved on. We don't need it. As I said before we have great Mod's but they can't be everywhere. Again, very good point!

#12 ·
This is the only forum of this type I read. It is nice here. I am glad you keep it that way.

#15 ·
I really enjoy this forum! I consider the members of this forum to be friends and will treat them as such!:wave:

#18 ·
I'll second mr stuart's post - this is the best board of it's type and the only one that I felt strongly enough to put a few bucks where my mouth is. I'd want 99% of the guys here on my side when things get sticky. I've learned more on this board than from any other single place. Many thanks!

#19 ·
I offered 'chill pills' at a reasonable price with free delivery...no one ordered?:image035:

#21 ·
Thank you 64zebra. I am guilty. I can sometimes be a smart a. And sometimes I try to be humorus and come across as a smart a. This is the only forum that I ever go on. Send me chill pills RET.

#22 ·
Thank you 64zebra. I am guilty. I can sometimes be a smart a. And sometimes I try to be humorus and come across as a smart a. This is the only forum that I ever go on. Send me chill pills RET.
Guys (and gals), take this quick example in the light hearted way it is offered.... :smile:

Think before you write.

Actually "ass" is one of the few "cuss" words allowed, mostly because of the four legged type. If not the message from Stevew above would technically contain TWO language work arounds. That may seem like an extreme example, but you gat the idea.... We do try hard to keep "family friendly" here.

#23 ·
Agreed with folk in this thread.

Why do some people feel a need to be so darn nasty?
Especially considering ...Hello, we are all here as being on the SAME SIDE!!! Duh!

- Janq

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.