not a mod, but I feel it needs to be said.....

This is a discussion on not a mod, but I feel it needs to be said..... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by pcon Agreed! In honesty, that's the main reason that I haven't been around much lately. It's felt a little too much like ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not a mod, but I feel it needs to be said.....

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    Agreed! In honesty, that's the main reason that I haven't been around much lately. It's felt a little too much like high school again.
    We do the best we can, just remember, as JD has already pointed out reporting something using that little triangle always gets attention in the back room!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

2. Remove Ads

Read.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I'll second mr stuart's post - this is the best board of it's type and the only one that I felt strongly enough to put a few bucks where my mouth is. I'd want 99% of the guys here on my side when things get sticky. I've learned more on this board than from any other single place. Many thanks!

I offered 'chill pills' at a reasonable price with free delivery...no one ordered?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    I posted this in a thread that was discussing which shall issue state was most restrictive about where one can carry.
    I was motivated to post it due to my observation of some people on here getting too worked up in their posts, and displaying attitudes that really detract from the good atmosphere this website maintains.

(moderator imitation on)
    It seems we're getting more and more posts on here that are like people putting chips on their shoulders and being smart you-know-whats with their posts/replies, and having a whizzing contest with their information. Its not one person, its several, not only in this thread but in several sections I've seen lately.
    We don't need that stuff on our forum, info can be shared and points be made without the attitude. Its in our forum rules for a reason....we have one of the best sites on the net and we need to keep the family atmosphere on here without the stuff thats been seen on here lately.
    (moderator imitation off)

People, please take a second before you post and not write with an emotional response or trying to be the "winner". We can all share info and help each other, even make our points and show our opinions without the contests, insults, and attitudes. This is what makes us really different than other sites out there.

64zebra
    Well said and I could not agree more!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Thank you 64zebra. I am guilty. I can sometimes be a smart a. And sometimes I try to be humorus and come across as a smart a. This is the only forum that I ever go on. Send me chill pills RET.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Thank you 64zebra. I am guilty. I can sometimes be a smart a. And sometimes I try to be humorus and come across as a smart a. This is the only forum that I ever go on. Send me chill pills RET.
    Guys (and gals), take this quick example in the light hearted way it is offered....

Think before you write.

Actually "ass" is one of the few "cuss" words allowed, mostly because of the four legged type. If not the message from Stevew above would technically contain TWO language work arounds. That may seem like an extreme example, but you gat the idea.... We do try hard to keep "family friendly" here.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Agreed with folk in this thread.

Why do some people feel a need to be so darn nasty?
    Especially considering ...Hello, we are all here as being on the SAME SIDE!!! Duh!

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links