not a mod, but I feel it needs to be said.....

This is a discussion on not a mod, but I feel it needs to be said..... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I posted this in a thread that was discussing which shall issue state was most restrictive about where one can carry. I was motivated to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not a mod, but I feel it needs to be said.....

VIP Member

I posted this in a thread that was discussing which shall issue state was most restrictive about where one can carry.
    I was motivated to post it due to my observation of some people on here getting too worked up in their posts, and displaying attitudes that really detract from the good atmosphere this website maintains.

(moderator imitation on)
    It seems we're getting more and more posts on here that are like people putting chips on their shoulders and being smart you-know-whats with their posts/replies, and having a whizzing contest with their information. Its not one person, its several, not only in this thread but in several sections I've seen lately.
    We don't need that stuff on our forum, info can be shared and points be made without the attitude. Its in our forum rules for a reason....we have one of the best sites on the net and we need to keep the family atmosphere on here without the stuff thats been seen on here lately.
    (moderator imitation off)

People, please take a second before you post and not write with an emotional response or trying to be the "winner". We can all share info and help each other, even make our points and show our opinions without the contests, insults, and attitudes. This is what makes us really different than other sites out there.

64zebra
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    Well said, and I agree completely.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

JD
    Administrator
    I'll add to this by saying that we can't be everywhere and in the event anyone sees a post that is questionable, please use the report post icon located on the left side of the screen. It looks like this:

We try to be fair and not too uptight, but this is the second thread of this flavor in a couple weeks, and if we have to start cracking down it's not going to be fun. We try to keep the trouble makers/trolls/chest thumping to a minimum, but we can't view every post in every thread.

Along the same lines as the post above, please see the BIG RED LINK in my signature and this thread: Leave your attitudes at the door

Good point!
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

+1 use the report function....cut the mickey mouse junk
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    1. Zebra, well said.

2. Don't feed the trolls!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

DC Founder
    Things do seem to run in cycles and we seem to be in one now. As JD said, we don't see every post that needs attention. Our members are usually very good at pointing out where a problem is developing so we can take care of it. I was hoping that triggering the re-agreement of our rules would prompt a thorough reading of the rules but I guess those that cause the problem rarely take the time to really read them and comply.

We very much appreciate those of you that take responsibility for yourself, adhere to the rules and let us know when something is brewing. The rest need need to follow the example of those that want to help preserve the family atmosphere the forum provides.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Thanks for saying it 64zebra. I read a reply from a member that should know better than be a wise guy, to a newer member that asked a very good question that I think would apply to anyone of us who work everyday. Rather than going with my thoughts at the moment and getting in the in mud, I moved on. We don't need it. As I said before we have great Mod's but they can't be everywhere. Again, very good point!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Great job Mod's! I see you saw and taken care of. We belong to a Fantastic forum indeed, Thanks! bsnow..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

VIP Member
    Agreed, thanks to the Mods and Bumper, this is a great place to spend some time.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Agreed. Great staff here along with a mostly adult levelheaded community make this one of the best places on the interweb.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    This is the only forum of this type I read. It is nice here. I am glad you keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I'll add to this by saying that we can't be everywhere and in the event anyone sees a post that is questionable, please use the report post icon located on the left side of the screen. It looks like this:

We try to be fair and not too uptight, but this is the second thread of this flavor in a couple weeks, and if we have to start cracking down it's not going to be fun. We try to keep the trouble makers/trolls/chest thumping to a minimum, but we can't view every post in every thread.

Along the same lines as the post above, please see the BIG RED LINK in my signature and this thread: Leave your attitudes at the door
    Thanks JD. From now on I will use the link you showed in such a case. I thought I read the rules. I guessed I missed it, my bad. Thanks all!

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    I posted this in a thread that was discussing which shall issue state was most restrictive about where one can carry.
    I was motivated to post it due to my observation of some people on here getting too worked up in their posts, and displaying attitudes that really detract from the good atmosphere this website maintains.

(moderator imitation on)
    It seems we're getting more and more posts on here that are like people putting chips on their shoulders and being smart you-know-whats with their posts/replies, and having a whizzing contest with their information. Its not one person, its several, not only in this thread but in several sections I've seen lately.
    We don't need that stuff on our forum, info can be shared and points be made without the attitude. Its in our forum rules for a reason....we have one of the best sites on the net and we need to keep the family atmosphere on here without the stuff thats been seen on here lately.
    (moderator imitation off)

People, please take a second before you post and not write with an emotional response or trying to be the "winner". We can all share info and help each other, even make our points and show our opinions without the contests, insults, and attitudes. This is what makes us really different than other sites out there.

64zebra
    Agreed! In honesty, that's the main reason that I haven't been around much lately. It's felt a little too much like high school again.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I really enjoy this forum! I consider the members of this forum to be friends and will treat them as such!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links