Confirmation Email Related Problems

This is a discussion on Confirmation Email Related Problems within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; If you have signed up for membership with the forum you will immediately get an email prompting you to take a link back to the ...

Thread: Confirmation Email Related Problems

DC Founder

Post Confirmation Email Related Problems

If you have signed up for membership with the forum you will immediately get an email prompting you to take a link back to the forum. When you do this, your membership is confirmed and you are allowed access to the forum. Until you take that link, however, you are not considered to be a member and will not have full access to the forums.

If you did not receive this confirmation email, in almost every case it has been because of a spam filter blocking the email. This especially applies to AOL, MSN, Hotmail, Yahoo! and other huge (or free) email providers you may have. You will need to either go into the area where spam emails are held and look for the email and release the email as "not spam" or "whitelist "defensivecarry.com".

If you have a service that requires us to perform some kind of verification process in order to get email to you, you need to know that we will not do that. We do not spam our members, but you are required to confirm your email address before gaining access. Again, adding us to the "whitelist" will resolve the problem.

We also see confirmation emails being blocked for many of you registering from work. In this case you will have to contact your IT department to resolve it.

You should also understand that if you clicked the available link to have the confirmation email re-sent to you, that the confirmation code will be different. The forum script will also re-send the email automatically every day without you requesting it. The confirmation code will still change. Now here's the hitch, only the last confirmation code you have received will get you confirmed; all of the earlier ones are no longer valid.

If you have done tried all of the above and still cannot get the email, try a different email address. I cannot, nor would I if I could, manually confirm your membership unless I personally know you. I would also not recommend that you simply "try again" by setting up another account. A discovery script will notify me that a member has multiple accounts which is not allowed. Duplicate accounts are deleted in most cases.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder

Post Banned email domain

Because of a flurry questionable registration activity recently, I have found it necessary to block registrations from people using the cashette.com email domain. For existing members, if you should ever change your email address to this domain, be advised the forum script will block your access and I will not unblock it. Doing so opens us back up to the original problem.

Cashette.com is one of a number email account domains that, when someone sends you an email it blocks the email and sends the sender an email back telling you that you either have to sign up with them to get through to the person or worse, sign up with them.

I get several of these per week from similar "services" and I can tell you, I will never respond to their emails. This means that you will never receive the member confirmation email from us. And if you don't confirm your membership, you will not be allowed to access the forum.

Believe me, I know how frustrating spam is, I get tons of it despite the spam filter I have on our server and virtually all of my email accounts. But before you try a new spam filter/blocker, make sure you learn how it works and how your thread subscriptions work. If you set the filter too loose you will continue to get loads of spam; set it too tight and you will start missing legitimate email that you want. With the volume of email traffic off the CombatCarry server, I just don't have time to resolve these types of problems.....

If you are having trouble getting emails from us, including membership confirmation emails and you don't use one of these services, please go here for a likely answer to the problem.
    Bumper

DC Founder
    We are getting a lot of confirmation emails blocked by third party services and ISPs. Please read the post above to help resolve the problem if this is preventing you from completing registration.
    Bumper

Links