No Edit Button

No Edit Button

This is a discussion on No Edit Button within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious or there is a glitch. I would like to edit my listing in the Member buy and ...

Thread: No Edit Button

No Edit Button

I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious or there is a glitch.

I would like to edit my listing in the Member buy and sell Forum since I sold one of the items but there isn't an edit button. I am logged on and I see the edit button on posts of mine in other threads.

thanks
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    If I recall the settings for this board, edits are disabled after 24 hours. If the item is sold, you can post a reply to that effect and the mods will lock the topic. If you want to modify details, you can add another post that does so.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    If I recall the settings for this board, edits are disabled after 24 hours. If the item is sold, you can post a reply to that effect and the mods will lock the topic. If you want to modify details, you can add another post that does so.
    This is correct. The post "locks" after 24 hours preventing someone from just going in and deleting all of their own posts turning the forum into a nightmare. You should, as highvoltage said, make a final post saying the item sold so people do not continue to respond. You can PM us to close it or just let it close on it's own once it has no more responses.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

OK, thanks I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

Links