ATTN: Webmaster/Everyone - Suspicious/Malicious content from this site

This is a discussion on ATTN: Webmaster/Everyone - Suspicious/Malicious content from this site within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Using Vista and Firefox and have had not problems. Maybe I am just too stupid to realize it....

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: Webmaster/Everyone - Suspicious/Malicious content from this site

Using Vista and Firefox and have had not problems. Maybe I am just too stupid to realize it.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    In all my messing around trying to get rid of this thing, I never actually got a virus. It appeared from the code I removed that they were trying to load something that I am sure was malicious but because of some errors (in their code) it was not quite working.

If you did actually catch something, I apologize. It is my opinion that they need to string these guys up when they are caught. My experience is that they get a slap on their hand (if that) and go on to do this kind of crap again.

Thanks, again to everyone for hanging in there while this was being resolved....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

DC Founder
    By the way. If you are getting an error message regarding a missing security token, please go to this thread for the resolution. I expect that the problems corrupted a lot of people's cookie from the forum.....

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...en-errors.html
    Bumper

VIP Member

Thumbs up Again, IMHO the Thanks goes to you and whoever helped at the Web Site end

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    In all my messing around trying to get rid of this thing, I never actually got a virus. It appeared from the code I removed that they were trying to load something that I am sure was malicious but because of some errors (in their code) it was not quite working.

If you did actually catch something, I apologize. It is my opinion that they need to string these guys up when they are caught. My experience is that they get a slap on their hand (if that) and go on to do this kind of crap again.

Thanks, again to everyone for hanging in there while this was being resolved....
    As far as I can tell there is no mal-ware on my machine. Repeated sweeps w/ Webroot Internet Security Essentials (including two consecutive w/ the modem off) reveal no problem.

I suspect that as I never opened the pop-up, the Trojan was blocked and the errors (in their code) made the second round of redirect fail.

Thanks again.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

GM
    My antivirus did not discover any virus, but after a while my computer start to get nuts even when not visiting DC, it was too slow, it was way too much network traffic even when now using the Internet, and Winamp opened by itself. This happened before yesterday; yesterday I reinstalled the PC and did not visit DC until today. My computer works fine again.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    I am absolutely positive I picked up two related viruses. I specified them in an earlier post here. Win32/Zbot.gen!Y and Win32 Fake V.

I know this because by coincidence my anti-virus software had run a routine once monthly scan the night before all this started and detected no problem.

On going to DC something caused Real Player to attempt to open, and the anti-virus software popped up a warning, named the responsible virus, and asked me if I wanted to clean it.

I then went in and scanned ALL the files of both hard drives, and turned up a second trojan--which as mentioned, had not been there the day before.

Anyway, the problem appears to have been resolved. Deepest thanks to all who worked so hard to get rid of it and keep this place running.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    But I'm getting the following when I try to "Mark Forums Read:"

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    This didn't happen before yesterday.

I was getting the same sort of pop-up, just starting yesterday. Did a full scan of my computer, which didn't find anything infected. Deleted/re-created the cookie for the DC forum, then reconnected today. No further problems. Unknown what it was. Unknown whether anything I did affected anything.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post

Yup, mine is still doing the same thing even after going through the security token error procedure. Sent a report to admin, gonna wait till they get a chance to take a breath and fix it.

Thanks for fighting the battle so hard guys!

If running Firefox, I strongly recommend these two security 'add-ons':

1) Adblock Plus
    2) NoScript

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    Hit me too but didnt know what it was. Didnt download it but yes it kept popping my dang Win Media Player up. SHOW MUST GO ON???
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post

Did you try this from post #138 by Bumper
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Quote Originally Posted by Craiger View Post
    Did you try this from post #138 by Bumper
    I don't know if highvoltage tried it but I did multiple times and it still is giving the same security token error.

DC Founder
    I have not yet found a resolution to this problem. It is caused by a corrupted cookie and I assume that the trojan we had did something to corrupt that cookie. In the past when someone had any kind of security token problem, this procedure always corrected it. I'll keep looking into it but with work and all and being out next week, my time is limited. The only other thing I might suggest, at this time, is to delete ALL of your cookies and see if that might work. I'm not trying to ignore those of you that are having the problem, I have simply not run across another solution to security token problems.....
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    I have not yet found a resolution to this problem. It is caused by a corrupted cookie and I assume that the trojan we had did something to corrupt that cookie. In the past when someone had any kind of security token problem, this procedure always corrected it. I'll keep looking into it but with work and all and being out next week, my time is limited. The only other thing I might suggest, at this time, is to delete ALL of your cookies and see if that might work. I'm not trying to ignore those of you that are having the problem, I have simply not run across another solution to security token problems.....
    Just an FYI, I've deleted ALL cookies and tried different browsers on different machines and it still gives me the same security token error.

Get some rest, you earned it.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Links