Help with Forum Feedback forum - Page 2

Help with Forum Feedback forum

This is a discussion on Help with Forum Feedback forum within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by 1911PKR No matter which reply I hit to post, it always defaults to Quick Reply. To add a smiley, I have to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    No matter which reply I hit to post, it always defaults to Quick Reply. To add a smiley, I have to go advanced. Am I doin' something wrong, other than makin' stupid post?
    I will look and see if there is a setting that will effect the reply box you get. When in the quick reply box you have always had to go to "advanced" to get to smilies...
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I've had most of the same problems everyone else has had, but at least I was able to get to this thread this time without the error message saying I didn't have permission, so thanks for the fixes you have made today. As other's have said, I just plain hate change and upgrades! It use to drive me nuts when I worked for the gvt and the tech support people would upgrade the systems and the software just about the time I got really proficient with what I needed to know to do my job. Then the learning curve started all over again! I'll learn how to use this new format/system/software as well, but I do find the smaller type and white background difficult for my old eyes! And how do you find the "smilies" now? Anyway, It is still my favorite forum and the only one I check almost everyday. I only go to another couple of forums about once a month or less. So, keep up the good work, and I guess I'll just have to adjust. smile.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

OK, I re-read some of the previous posts and found the Like I said, I'll eventually learn.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    I do find the smaller type and white background difficult for my old eyes! And how do you find the "smilies" now? Anyway,
    You have to "Go Advanced" on the reply to get to the smilies.

I will eventually bump up the font a size or two but the background is almost the same color as it has always been. If I can find a snapshot of the old forum somewhere I can pic the colors and make it exact but so far I have not been able to find a screen capture. I will be installing the new gallery tonight and hopefully will find one in there....
    Bumper

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post

I will eventually bump up the font a size or two but the background is almost the same color as it has always been. If I can find a snapshot of the old forum somewhere I can pic the colors and make it exact but so far I have not been able to find a screen capture. I will be installing the new gallery tonight and hopefully will find one in there....
    Bumper, I've got a ton of screen captures, stand by for a PM.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Bumper, I've got a ton of screen captures, stand by for a PM.
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Sumpin's wrong Bump.... you shouldn't have to go "Go Advanced" to produce smilies. Nor should your reply always default to "Quick Reply". Overall everything looks good,.... keep at it brother, it'll pay off. Thanks again!

vb4 out of the box is designed that way, needing to go advanced for smilies.
    If I get cranky It's because the VA is changing my meds again.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links