Help with Forum Feedback forum

This is a discussion on Help with Forum Feedback forum within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; When I go to the Forum News, Feedback, Problems, and Comments forum I get a message saying: Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Forum Feedback forum

Help with Forum Feedback forum

When I go to the Forum News, Feedback, Problems, and Comments forum I get a message saying:

Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    It would be nice if I could get in there because I am a web developer and I have experience with vBulletin, and I understand where alot of the recent problems could be coming from. However I can't help people since I can't get in there.

It has been this way since immediately after the new forum was up, and continues to be this way. Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: I should also note that if I click the most recent thread on the main page for that forum, it says I don't have permission to view the page.

2. Remove Ads

Yep, I get both of these messages as well.
    What the **** - How did I end up on this soapbox again?!?!?

I'm in that boat as well.

You might try to message Bumper or one of the other senior modorators if you have some info that might be helpful.

My understanding is that Bumper is having to start from scratch on Vbulletin, and is adding features slowly to get the forum back to where it was. All this will take some time I am sure, and I am sure Bumper is working as fast as he can.

Try to message them and see what they say.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Ditto. Can you access any of your previous posts? I can't. If you can, let me know.

I know they are working hard on this though.
    Be responsible for your own actions.
    ---
    http://www.calguns.net/

I really like this new look. I think you should offer the advanced reply, with all the little smileys and such, only to people who have donated. Also I think you should do this with the avatar. Some of my other sports forums are doing this.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I posted to, Bumber, (sorry) thinking I was an isolated case. Aparently not. Looks like a software upgrade. I hate upgrades! I just upgraded a PC and, yes, I had ot spend a ton of $ on all new software. Office, Quickbooks, etc ect.

Best to everyone. I am sure everything will get worked out eventually.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Same as the rest plus can't edit my signature either. Guess it will come around. Computers. Garbage in....
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

DC Founder
    I am trying to find out why people cannot access that forum. It seems to have been fine until last night and then it started having a permissions problem. I am still trying to get the answer over at the vBulletin support forum but so far, nothing that resolves the problem....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

If it's any consolation to Bumper, I can't believe how much I missed this forum when it was down.

If it's any help, after I log on it immediately says I do not have permission to....access.
    But if I ignore that and click on forums, I get a forum menu and then can access "New Posts"

Windows XP. Firefox 3.6

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    If it's any consolation to Bumper, I can't believe how much I missed this forum when it was down.

If it's any help, after I log on it immediately says I do not have permission to....access.
    But if I ignore that and click on forums, I get a forum menu and then can access "New Posts"

Windows XP. Firefox 3.6
    Yup, it should be the same for everyone else but they are not "exploring". The error message just stops them in their tracks. Actually, I believe opalelement PM'd me the change that will get most people back into the forum but am not sure if it resolves the problems in accessing the Feedback forum.....
    Bumper

I noticed I got the "do not have permission to access" when I clicked on my DC desktop icon. I had to create new icon and it works just fine now.

Thanks for your hard work Bumper!

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    I noticed I got the "do not have permission to access" when I clicked on my DC desktop icon. I had to create new icon and it works just fine now.

Thanks for your hard work Bumper!
    Absolutely! People need to use only http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/ as a link. If you have other links in your bookmark, you very well may have a problem. Delete your old bookmark (or edit it) and change it to the above link.....
    Bumper

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Absolutely! People need to use only http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/ as a link. If you have other links in your bookmark, you very well may have a problem. Delete your old bookmark (or edit it) and change it to the above link.....
    That goes for any threads or subforums that may have been book marked as well. I had to change all my book marks to reflect the new URL structure.

No matter which reply I hit to post, it always defaults to Quick Reply. To add a smiley, I have to go advanced. Am I doin' something wrong, other than makin' stupid post?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links