Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help with Forum Feedback forum

2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  saltysquid 
#1 ·
When I go to the Forum News, Feedback, Problems, and Comments forum I get a message saying:

Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
It would be nice if I could get in there because I am a web developer and I have experience with vBulletin, and I understand where alot of the recent problems could be coming from. However I can't help people since I can't get in there.

It has been this way since immediately after the new forum was up, and continues to be this way. Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: I should also note that if I click the most recent thread on the main page for that forum, it says I don't have permission to view the page.

#4 ·
You might try to message Bumper or one of the other senior modorators if you have some info that might be helpful.

My understanding is that Bumper is having to start from scratch on Vbulletin, and is adding features slowly to get the forum back to where it was. All this will take some time I am sure, and I am sure Bumper is working as fast as he can.

Try to message them and see what they say.

#7 ·
I posted to, Bumber, (sorry) thinking I was an isolated case. Aparently not. Looks like a software upgrade. I hate upgrades! I just upgraded a PC and, yes, I had ot spend a ton of $ on all new software. Office, Quickbooks, etc ect.

Best to everyone. I am sure everything will get worked out eventually.

#8 ·
Same as the rest plus can't edit my signature either. Guess it will come around. Computers. Garbage in....

#9 ·
I am trying to find out why people cannot access that forum. It seems to have been fine until last night and then it started having a permissions problem. I am still trying to get the answer over at the vBulletin support forum but so far, nothing that resolves the problem....

#10 ·
If it's any consolation to Bumper, I can't believe how much I missed this forum when it was down.

If it's any help, after I log on it immediately says I do not have permission to....access.
But if I ignore that and click on forums, I get a forum menu and then can access "New Posts"

Windows XP. Firefox 3.6

#11 ·
Yup, it should be the same for everyone else but they are not "exploring". The error message just stops them in their tracks. Actually, I believe opalelement PM'd me the change that will get most people back into the forum but am not sure if it resolves the problems in accessing the Feedback forum.....

#17 ·
I've had most of the same problems everyone else has had, but at least I was able to get to this thread this time without the error message saying I didn't have permission, so thanks for the fixes you have made today. As other's have said, I just plain hate change and upgrades! It use to drive me nuts when I worked for the gvt and the tech support people would upgrade the systems and the software just about the time I got really proficient with what I needed to know to do my job. Then the learning curve started all over again! I'll learn how to use this new format/system/software as well, but I do find the smaller type and white background difficult for my old eyes! And how do you find the "smilies" now? Anyway, It is still my favorite forum and the only one I check almost everyday. I only go to another couple of forums about once a month or less. So, keep up the good work, and I guess I'll just have to adjust. smile.

#19 ·
I do find the smaller type and white background difficult for my old eyes! And how do you find the "smilies" now? Anyway,
You have to "Go Advanced" on the reply to get to the smilies.

I will eventually bump up the font a size or two but the background is almost the same color as it has always been. If I can find a snapshot of the old forum somewhere I can pic the colors and make it exact but so far I have not been able to find a screen capture. I will be installing the new gallery tonight and hopefully will find one in there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.